Sunday 17 January 2010

EOTD: Dior Night Butterfly

A reader asked for an EOTD with Dior Cinq Couleurs #173 Night Butterfly so here's the look that I did today with it. Night Butterfly was released as part of the Fall 2009 collection.


I applied the light lilac over the browbone area, the violet shade from the inner corners to the middle of the lid, the wine shade from the middle of the lid to the outer corners and finished with the black shade along the upper lashline. I still have not figured out how to use the grey shade in this palette.

When I first swatched the quint at the counter, I initially thought that I did not need it as the shades looked easily dupeable but after getting it, I fell in love with how the purple shades complemented one another beautifully when applied. This is not an Iridescent quint so the eyehadows have a soft sheen rather than a metallic finish. All the shades have excellent color payoff and a silky, very finely milled texture except for the black shade which has a very dry texture and silver sparkly bits.

7 comments:

Lisha said...

That's gorgeous. I hadn't seen a look with that one yet. I hope they still sell it here ? (Though it would be a bit daft if they didn't since it's only the Fall collection ...)

Totally lemming it now =D

Haru said...

hi Lisha,
Thanks for your comment! I believe Night Butterfly is limited edition so most counters are likely to have sold out of it by now. A relatively similar purple-themed palette is #970 Stylish Move.

shaynaJo said...

Hi Haru,
I like this palette alot.. I remember I passed by the CD counter, I stood there for quite a long while thinking if i should get it... It's really gorgeous!

may i know how much did u get it for? *if u dun mind* =)

Haru said...

hi ShaynaJo,
I got the palette for S$89, but there was a 20% rebate voucher promotion at the Metro department store when I bought this.

Anonymous said...

everytime i see an EOTD with this palette i feel like rushing to get it. but i know i have too many similar colours to justify the purchase. this is by far the most eye opening EOTD i have seen on you. the colours make your eyes pop. really much bigger. :)

BV said...

Whoa Nelly. Now that looks gorgeous. Looks beautiful in the pan but even better on you. Thank you for the lemming maker.
BV

Anonymous said...

Hi,

Just to say i have seen quite a few of the eyeshadow collection you have tried on your eyes but this is the one that really pop! It make you very mysterious and pretty :) It speak volumes as well.