Tuesday 11 May 2010

Dior #659 Crush Glow

As my Dior points were due to expire at the end of May and I was quite close to being able to redeem my points for a Miss Cherie fragrance, I decided to pick up the new Cinq Couleurs #659 Crush Glow (S$90) palette. Karlasugar's excellent swatches of the two summer quints helped to persuade me!

Here are two looks that I did with it. For the first look, I used the chocolate shade on the outer half of the lid, the light taupe brown on the inner half of the lid, the peach shade in the crease and along the lower lashline, the gold shade to highlight the inner corners and the icy pink shade over the browbone area. All the shades are velvety smooth and well pigmented with a lovely metallic sheen without being frosty, except for the icy pink shade which applies as more of a shimmery wash without much of a visible pink tone.

I also used Maybelline Pulse Perfection Waterproof mascara and Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-on Eye Pencil in Zero.

For the second look, I used the peach shade in the middle of the lid and along the outer two-thirds of the lower lashline, the gold shade to highlight the inner corners and inner one-third of the lower lashline, the light taupe brown at the outer corners and the icy pink shade over the browbone area.

I also used Lancome Virtuose Precious Cells mascara and Maybelline Eye Studio Creamy Gel Eyeliner S09.

If you're interested in Crush Glow, Changi Airport dutyfree has it for much cheaper at just S$72.50. The Terminal 2 store also had several Iridescent Leather quints.

13 comments:

momiji (maple) said...

I love the look. now i want to buy that palette.

Ahcapp said...

Pretty!!! :))) I think I need to use my Crush Glow soon.

I'm still loving myiridescent leather. I love it so much that am using it nearly every day at work. ;)

Haru said...

Hey AhCapp!
Do break out your Crush Glow soon! I like how it can create a variety of looks. But overall, I think my favourite Dior quint is still Night Butterfly.

Hi momiji,
Thanks for your comment! Wish Dior quints were more affordable though...

Anonymous said...

really warm color look. looks great.
love the peach swatch in combination with the brown !

shopaholic said...

nice & lovely look ;)

Anonymous said...

is the quint still available at the local counters? :)

blast it. now i want one too.

Haru said...

Hi,
Crush Glow is available at all Dior counters in Singapore currently so it should be very easy to get hold of one. The collection was released only last week.

Anonymous said...

but...but...it's so expensive.

but so nice.

must....not....buy..... hahahaah!

Full Color Business Cards said...

I like it on your eyes :) It really complements your skin too :) How did you apply it ? It really looks good on your eyes :)

Haru said...

Hi,
I applied the shades using the sponge applicators that are included inside the palette. I've already written about where I applied the various shades for the two looks.

Yes, Dior quints are terribly expensive but as mentioned, you can get them at almost 20% off at Changi airport dutyfree. Even MAC is actually not much cheaper as MAC quads now cost around S$65.

Anonymous said...

true what you said about mac quads...a bit pricey too. but i reckon you get more bang for your buck if you get dior? i'm assuming it's made from higher quality ingredients. hehe.

of all the quints you have, which one is your absolute fave? :)

Haru said...

Hi,
Currently my fave Dior quints are Night Butterfly and Petal Shine.

What I like about Dior quints is that their individual shades tend to mostly have the same velvety shimmery texture (for the iridescents) whereas for MAC quads, the shades tend to have varying textures and there is usually one or two shades that I do not like because they are chalky or flat. So overall I find myself reaching for my Dior palettes much more often than my MAC quads.

Anonymous said...

actually i have to agree with you, aside from the price though, what's stopping me from buying them is, i'm avoiding to have dupes of the same color (regardless of brand). then again if you are addicted to makeup i think there's no way of getting around that. hahaha.

that being said, if you decide to offload some of your makeup, i'd gladly take them off your hands. hahahaaha! just had to put that out there :P