Friday 21 May 2010

EOTD: Majolica Majorca Blooming Dreamer

Here's the look that I created today with Majolica Majorca Blooming Dream Eyes #2 Midnight Dream and Perfect Automatic Liner VI606 Violet Magic. I applied the light pink shade from Midnight Dream over the browbone area, at the inner corners and along the inner half of the lower lashline. Then I applied the lavender shade from the upper lashline to the crease and along the lower lashline. I did not bother to use the glitter cream shade and just finished off the look with the Violet Magic eyeliner.

The two powder eyeshadows are the standard Majolica Majorca quality. They apply smoothly with a soft shimmer and decent colour payoff. Used over my usual Testimo primer, they lasted well over 11 hours of wear with only minimal creasing at the inner corners. However, the Violet Magic eyeliner fared less well and there were a couple of visible gaps in the liner by the end of the day. It has a pretty metallic purple glint when applied but it takes quite a bit of layering for an even opaque finish. It did not help that the liner tends to oozes out in a glob at the tip of the brush instead of distributing evenly throughout the brush so one has to be very careful to twist the end slowly.

Overall, I found that the eyeliner required much more time and effort, compared to the Heroine Make Smooth Liquid Liner. It also takes quite a bit of time to dry, so if you blink too frequently while it is drying, the liner tends to migrate into uneven lines. The learning curve is definitely steeper for this liner. Here's the overall look with Maquillage Lasting Stick Foundation, NARS Orgasm blush and Heavy Rotation Sexy Enamel Gloss #1.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really like this look. It usable for work and it has also a nice spring color touch. Nicely done.
I was very curious about the liner, so sorry that you didn't experience it so well :( but thanks for the update!

Haru said...

hi Puranki,
It was just the first time that I'm trying the liner so hopefully it will perform better with more practice. Kathi of Lotus Palace liked it and said that it had good lasting power.

Anonymous said...

yes I did read her review too.
But (with no offence) you have a very similar skin type like me (oily and normal parts) I have an oily T zone and eye area so was somehow depending on your review :)
That's also a very big problem with most eyeliners for me :(

fuzkittie said...

Really love that shade of purple! <3

. : * justine * : . said...

I love purple on you! I did a purple look yesterday but mine was more fluorescent, haha. The liner looks great, but I know what you mean about difficulty! I have the navy colour and it did LAST forever but it look me a couple of tries to do it, which is annoying :S. I hate having to redo makeup!

Lori said...

Hey haru,
I love that shade of purple!
Also, I have a question about dior's new palette crush glow.
My friend got one on ebay and wasn't sure how to spot a fake, so she compared it w/ my quints.
Everything matches. But her crush glow has a silver rim like the pearl glow palette and the artistry design palettes, is it supposed to have that silver rim? thanks!

Kathi said...

That´s gorgeous! Your lining skills are much better than mine, I always fail with the wing on my left eye hehe =D

Haru said...

Thanks, Kathi! Believe me it was not easy and took quite a few tries to get right!

hi Lori,
My Crush Glow palette does not have a silver rim. But I would not be too concerned about that as what's more important is the texture of the eyeshadows and the colours. If they are identical to the Crush Glow that is sold at the department store counters, then it's authentic even if there is a slight difference in packaging.

. : * justine * : . said...

Hey Haru if this helps,

I got both quints from Dior's summer collection and Crush glow did not have the silver rim, but Ready to Glow did... maybe the packaging just varies? I'm wondering if Dior is making the switchover to have all quints with the silver rim, and Crush Glow was just the last palette in the regular packaging.

Hope this helps!

Lori said...

Thanks Haru, thanks justine!