Thursday 30 December 2010

ASOS and Uniqlo Haul

Received my second ASOS.com order today! Taking advantage of the free international shipping promotion before Christmas, I placed the order on 9 December and it shipped on the same day. I'm always amazed by how fast it takes ASOS to process orders. It looks like ASOS has also reduced its shipping rate to Singapore. It used to be a flat rate of £10.50 but it is now only £5 for international standard delivery to Singapore, which takes about 11 working days. You can see the shipping rates here.

My order comprised two dresses and a bracelet, all individually packed inside a black shopping bag. The bracelet is from Lipsy. I don't usually wear chunky bracelets but I liked the mix of charms on this.


The one shoulder dress is also by Lipsy. I've been shopping for a tiered design like this. What drew me to this dress was the delicate black lace inserts. This is currently on sale at £36, down from the original price of £60.

The butterfly print dress is by Ted Baker. I love browsing in the Ted Baker stores in Singapore but like Karen Millen, the prices always deter me from purchasing anything. This was originally priced at £149 but I got it on sale at £119. It is now only £74 on ASOS but with only size 4 left.

I like the simple cut of this dress with the pleated neckline, and the vibrant mix of colours.

Accompanied my friend to Uniqlo at Ion Orchard this afternoon and the new collection of "Sweet Illustrations" T-shirts caught my eye. Featuring designs by 5 Japanese illustrators, the long-sleeved cotton T-shirts retail at 1500yen in Japan and S$29.90 in Singapore. You can view the whole collection on the Uniqlo Japan website.

The ribbon around the cat's neck is studded with crystals. This particular design is also available in grey but the white version shows off the illustration much more clearly.

About the illustrator Yoco Nagamiya.

Love the illustration on the hangtag too!

7 comments:

Lynn.TrinketsLove said...

ohhhh, Iris, you got that Ted Baker dress! I love the butterfly prints and the ribbon at the back! I wanted to purchase it last weekend but like you said, left only Size 4, sighz.... I realised the shipping is GBP5 too, another good reason to shop more at ASOS! :P

Haru said...

hi Lynn,
I'm a total sucker for butterfly prints, so when I saw this dress, I knew that I wanted it immediately! Now I just need to find an opportunity to wear it :-) I saw the matching purse at the Ted Baker store in Vivocity a few weeks ago but it was just too expensive (S$100+) for a tiny purse that can't fit much.

Lynn.TrinketsLove said...

haha...yeah, you like butterfly prints and you like purple, this dress is just so you! $100+?? *Gasp* It looks able to fit more things from the photo but the price is no-no. I wonder if local Ted Baker has this dress? I'm having this crazy thought of just buying Sz 4 from ASOS and then get a seamstress to alter to my size :P

Jean Lin said...

Hi, I know this is in no relation to yr post at all but just wanna ask, do you know when the mac cham-pale and stylishly yours collections will be released in sg? Thanks so much. :)

Haru said...

hi Jean,
I don't know the exact dates but Cham Pale and Stylishly Yours should be available sometime in January. It's best to check directly with the MAC counters.

Anonymous said...

Lovely haul.

I would love to see more of your 2010 fashion buys before 2011 arrives.

M said...

The one-shoulder Lipsy is gorgeous! I've been eyeing it as well but am not sure which size to get. Does the dress fit well?

BTW, Happy New Year!