Sunday 5 December 2010

L'Oreal HIP Bright Shadow Duo Moon Goddess

L'Oreal HIP #35 Moon Goddess comprises a dusky mauve pink paired with a matte blackened navy. The dusky pink has a satin finish. This is one of four new duos from the Midnight Muse collection.

Moon Goddess looked quite dull in the pan compared to the other HIP duos that have a shiny metallic finish. Nevertheless, I decided to pick it up just to experiment with since it is part of a limited edition collection that is unlikely to make it to Singapore. As it turns out, it actually creates a lovely ladylike smoky eye.

After prepping my lids with Beauté de Kosé Eye Fantasist BL952 Blue Wonder, I used the included sponge applicator to apply the dusky pink over the eye socket area and along the lower lashline, followed by the blackened navy along the upper lashline and outer corner of the lower lashline. Next, I brushed the light beige shade from Dior Sky Glow over the browbone area, at the inner corners and along the lower lashline.

Then I applied MAC Superslick Liquid Eye Liner in Marked for Glamour along the upper lashline, Visee Lash Wide Impact (Curl Long) BK002 mascara and Benefit It Stick over the under-eye area.

The blackened navy causes quite a bit of fallout on the under eye area when being applied but after cleaning it up, there was no further fallout for the rest of the day. I liked how well it blended with the dusky pink shade. It applies sheer on the first swipe but becomes quite intense with the second layer.

For the rest of the look, I used several items that Kas helped me to haul from last week's Kosé sale: Esprique Precious Dramatical Veil Liquid BO300 over the Moisturizing Base and Beauté de Kosé Rouge Fantasist PK809 Carmine Pink. The Rouge Fantasists were going for just S$10 a piece at the sale, while the foundation was S$24 and the base was S$30. My favourite items from the sale are still the Eye Fantasists, which I've been reaching for pretty much every day since I got them.


7 comments:

FarahDean said...

This duo loks really nice on you, a nice salmon pink shade. :)

akiki said...

u look very good !!!

dustyrose said...

Iris, I love this look on you...so polished...I'm generally not a fan of pink or red-toned eyeshadow but the navy shade tempers/balances the salmon hue very nicely :)

Haru said...

Hi farah,
Thank you!

Hi akiki,
Thanks :)

Hi dustryrose,

Same, I'm also usually not that keen on pink eyeshadows but I liked the combination of the two shades here.

eckness said...

wow! one of the best EOTDs I've seen you do, wonderful smoky eye looks very beautiful on you =)

Anonymous said...

The Loreal HIP FOTDs are definitely one of the nicest among your FOTDs, compared to the designer eyeshadows you have.

Omigod, maybe I should get it if Watsons have offers on it.

:-)

Unknown said...

I love this duo and if I may say you look very young with these color combo's! I have to agree with the others, one of your best FOTD's :)