Monday 20 December 2010

Stila Fabulous in Fiji

Finally got the chance to try out my new Stila Fabulous in Fiji Travel Palette (US$10) today.

The eyeshadows are R&R (shimmery light silver), Escape (shimmery silvery blue), Palm (bright neon green) and Wave (bright cobalt blue). The palette also includes Plumeria Convertible Color but I didn't use it as the Convertible Colors generally don't work well on my skin.

With Urban Decay Primer Potion as the base, I applied Palm from the inner corner to the middle of the lid, Escape at the outer corner of the upper eyelid and along the lower lashline, R&R as a wash over the browbone area and just a light touch of Wave at the outer half of the upper lashline. I was impressed by how well pigmented and silky the eyeshadows were. In particular, Palm and Escape are very pigmented. I also loved the silvery tone in Escape.

The eyeshadows do throw up a bit of powder when touched with the brush but otherwise, they are a breeze to apply and blend. They also lasted very well through 12 hours of wear without fading. There was only a tiny bit of fallout with Palm during the application process.

For the rest of the look, I used Maquillage Lasting Stick Foundation UV Pink Ochre 10, Jill Stuart Loose Powder 01 Natural and Blush Blossom 04 Seductive Rose, Dior Addict Ultra Gloss Reflect #677 Silk Fuschia, K-Palette Real Lasting Eyebrow 01, Visee Wide Impact (Curl Long) mascara BK002, and Hourglass Calligraphy Liquid Eye Liner in Ebony.

Of the new foundations that I've tried out this year, the Maquillage Lasting Stick Foundation has turned out to be my favourite for its ease of application, good fit to my skintone as well as coverage.

Have a great week ahead, everyone! It's just five more days to Christmas :-)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know if you're planning on doing one, but I'd like to see a list of your favorite and least fav products you've tried this year.

dustyrose said...

Blue & green...my favourite kind of eyeshadow combo :)

Incidentally, I just wanted to mention that you're doing an amazing job with this blog...I like your take on dramatic shades...somehow you manage to work it the 'Iris' way so that the end result is always wearable & never theatrical...

Iris, thank you so much for bringing makeup cheer to everyday life :))

Haru said...

Hi,
Sure, will do a post on that soon :)

Hi dustyrose,
Thank you for the kind comments, you just made my day! It always makes me very happy to hear that my readers enjoy reading the blog and find it useful.

dustyrose said...

Hey Iris, I also recommended your blog to my sis & she loves it too! :D