Tuesday 28 December 2010

Stila Trendsetting in Tokyo

Trendsetting in Tokyo was the third in the Stila Collectible Travel Palette series.

The palette contains Sakura Convertible Color (bright pink) and four powder eyeshadows in Sake (beige with shimmer), Kawai (shimmery bubblegum pink), Shibuya (matte blue), and Peace Sign (black with silver shimmer).

For this look, I used Beauté de Kosé Eye Fantasist GR750 Dressed Leaf all over the lids as the base. I applied Sake over the browbone area as the highlight and at the inner corners, Kawai from the inner corners to the middle of the lid and along the lower lashline, Shibuya in the middle of the lid and Peace Sign at the outer corners of the upper and lower lashlines. Blending Shibuya on top of Kawai helps to bring out the purple tone in Shibuya.

I finished by applying Dolly Wink Liquid Eyeliner and Visee Wide Impact (Curl Long) mascara BK002 Blue Black.

All the four eyeshadows have fairly good colour payoff with only Peace Sign causing some powdery fallout on my under eye area during the application process. Sake, Kawai and Peace Sign apply with more of a soft pearl glimmer rather than bright metallic shine. The Sakura Convertible Color did not work well on me as it felt greasy and applied very sheer. Nevertheless, Trendsetting in Tokyo is one of my favourite palettes in this series. The beige, pink and black shades are fairly easy to dupe, but the inclusion of the matte blue shade allows one to create some interesting combinations.

The other products I used were Josie Maran Tinted Moisturizer in Creme, Cosme Decorte AQ Face Powder N 001, Dior Skinflash, K-Palette Real Lasting Eyebrow 02, Beauté de Kosé Rouge Fantasist RO602 Imperial Fuschia and Esprique Precious Gradation Layer Cheeks 01 Coral Red.

You can see the other looks that I did with Road to Radiance Across the USA, Pretty in Paris, Fabulous in Fiji, and Adventurous in Aspen. I was hoping that Stila would continue this Travel Palette series but instead, they've just launched three Stila for E! Live from the Red Carpet palettes. Each palette retails for US$25 and contains 6 eyeshadows, 1 convertible color and Kitten All Over Shimmer Powder. The palettes also come with either a mini mascara, lipglaze or eyeliner. The shade combinations don't really appeal to me so I probably will be skipping those.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous FOTD! I think I might try and dupe this from my MAC collection.

galpal.hi said...

Lovely FOTD! I agree with you in that this palette is my absolute favorite in the travel palettes that I bought from Stila. (USA, Tokyo and Paris) I definitely can't use the convertible colors either.

Thank you for your reviews on all of the other palettes.

*Kat*