Monday 20 December 2010

Beauty Xmas Party

The fabulous Diana of Adore Beauty organised this year's beauty bloggers Christmas Party at Vivocity yesterday. I think there were about 28 ladies in attendance. The original venue was supposed to the outdoor amphitheatre at Vivocity but it was closed. Fortunately, we managed to find a much more pleasant space at the nearby Marché restaurant, which was all decked out in Christmas decorations. Very fitting for the party!

This was my first time attending the annual Christmas party. I had read about the one last year and that was when I realised there was actually a very large community of local beauty bloggers on the Onsugar platform. Since then, I've gotten to know several of these lovely ladies and it's been a wonderful experience thanks to our common love of all things beauty-related.

To get the party going, everyone had to come up with two facts and one lie about themselves in their self-introduction, and have the rest guess which was the lie. It was a great way to learn something about one another.



Another highlight of the evening was the gift exchange.

I received the gift from Gwen through the exchange, as well as an Etude House lipgloss from Amy and a blush from Chantana.

I had to leave early for a dinner and was really surprised when Lynn caught hold of me as I was leaving and passed me a gift with a very sweet note. I had never met her before, but knew her by name from her comments on my blog. Thank you so much, Lynn!


Many thanks to Diana for organising the party despite her busy work schedule!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

it was nice meeting you in person yesterday. the gift isnt alot, but hope you like them! :)

Haru said...

Hi Gwen,
It was great finally getting to meet you in person! Thank you for the gift, everything looks lovely and I'll definitely be trying them out soon!

miwitch said...

Yeah!~ Merry Xmas Iris!!~ I see my funny face there looking at Chantana! LOLxx.. Though its for only a short while, but really nice to talk to you.. ^_^ I felt really shy talking to you... (despite my big size..LOLx..)

Haru said...

Thanks, miwitch! It was good to see you again too :-) Don't be shy leh, actually I think quite a few of us are shy people! Hope to see you again soon!

Lynn said...

Hi Haru!

Hope you like the gifts! Read that you like rose-scented stuff, so got you the Crabtree and Evelyn ones. The BBW perfume smells light and sweet (i've got one for mayself). Great meeting you and see you again!