Tuesday 28 December 2010

Stila Make An Impression In Moscow

Make An Impression In Moscow, the fourth in the Stila Collectible Travel Palette series, seemed boring at first, compared to Trendsetting in Tokyo and Fabulous in Fiji. However, after wearing it a couple of times, I've grown to like it. It's the kind of palette that I'd reach for on a day when I don't want to mess around with too bright or dramatic shades but without resorting to boring neutrals.

The four powder eyeshadows all have a lovely shimmery finish without any chunky glitter or overt frostiness. The shades are Matryoschka (peach-toned beige), Chill (pale sky blue), Nadia (orange copper), and Mink (medium brown).

Of the four, Chill surprised me by being the most pigmented. The rest had pretty good colour payoff as well. The Convertible Color in Lily is again too sheer on me. I wish that they had dispensed with the Convertible Color and included another two or four eyeshadows in its place as I just have no use for the Convertible Colors. Still, I can't complain too much as these palettes cost a mere US$10 a piece, and you do get four very wearable eyeshadows in them.


Using Urban Decay Primer Potion as the base all over the lid, I applied Matryoshka as a wash over the browbone area down to the inner corners, Chill over the eye socket area, Nadia as an accent just above the outer half of the crease and Mink at the outer corners. Then I finished by lining the upper eyelid with Shiseido Automatic Fine Eyeliner BK901 and applying Visee Wide Impact (Curl Long) mascara in BK002 Blue Black.

Chill adds a nice pop of colour and helps to make the eyes look more awake, without being too loud. I was worried that Nadia would look too orange-toned but it turned out to be a nice accent shade that complemented Mink quite well.

The other products I used today were Maquillage Stick Foundation UV Pink Ochre 10, Cosme Decorte AQ Face Powder N 001, Dior Skinflash, K-Palette Real Lasting Eyebrow 02, Beauté de Kosé Rouge Fantasist PK809 Carmine Pink and Esprique Precious Gradation Layer Cheeks 01 Coral Red.

And that finally concludes my reviews of the six Travel Palettes! I'm going to miss collecting these palettes, but hopefully Stila will continue to release more interesting palettes in 2011, with these Stila Girl illustrations. Hope it hasn't been too boring for those of you who are not Stila fans.

8 comments:

Jayne said...

hi Haru,

Can i ask if this Stila palette still selling in singapore?

Thanks!

jenn said...

Hi,

I thought the colour combi doesn't make your eyes look as nice as the other looks that you have done previously. Would it be better to swap positions of the brown and blue colours on the upper lids?

Anonymous said...

hi Iris,the previous time u placed an order with Sleek cosmetics,did u have to wait long for package to arrive?

Pon De

Haru said...

hi Jayne,
I haven't seen the Moscow palette for sale at the Escentials counter at Tangs. It's also already sold out on Stilacosmetics.com and Sephora.com.

Hi Jenn,
Personally, I think it would be odd to use a dark shade at the inner corners and a lighter shade at the outer corners.

hi Pon De,
It took about 2 weeks for the Sleek order to arrive from the time that I placed the order.

Anonymous said...

I'm no stila fan but i do enjoy your fiji fotd and this moscow one as well. Love the pop of green in fiji and the blue in moscow. Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for reply Iris. I am having some problems with maximum quantity per item from Sleek.Have you ever ordered anything with a more than 4 quantity & it went thru?

Pon De

Haru said...

hi,
Sleek only allows a maximum of four units to be ordered per item.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Iris

Pon de