Saturday 7 May 2011

Crabtree & Evelyn Rosewater Collection

While browsing at the Marina Bay Sands Shoppes recently, I picked up a new Crabtree & Evelyn Rosewater bodycare kit. I used to think of Crabtree & Evelyn as a rather bland brand but since they introduced the Floral Fragrance collection in March with a much more vibrant and appealing water colour artwork, I find myself stopping by their stores much more frequently. Their products are pricey but they often have attractive discounts, much more so than say L'Occitane.

The kit consists of the Rosewater Bath & Shower Gel, Body Lotion and Body Cream. The Bath & Shower Gel normally retails for S$35 and the Body Lotion is S$40. The Body Cream in the set is 100g, half the normal retail size which usually sells for S$68. Hence, the kit seemed like a pretty good deal in comparison at S$85. Plus there was a 20% discount (no membership required), so I paid only S$63 for it. If you spend $300 within 6 months, you get lifetime membership that gives you a 15% discount.

There are similar kits for the other three ranges, Lily, Iris and Lavender. The only difference in the pouches is the colour of the inner lining and the piping along the opening flap. To be honest, although I do like the Rosewater scent very much, I really wanted this kit just for the gorgeous pouch! Crabtree & Evelyn sells a similar toiletries zip pouch with a more boxy shape for S$43, without any products included.


The pouch is very roomy and even after fitting in the three products, there is still plenty of space left.

The ingredient lists are below. All Rosewater body care products are free of parabens, phthalates, propylene glycol, and mineral oil. The scent is a blend of rose, violet, peony, fresh green foliage and musk accords. I've been using the shower gel and body lotion regularly and love both of them. The shower gel is quite dense so one only needs a small amount of it to work up a good lather. It's not stripping at all and the aroma is simply wonderful. The body lotion also absorbs readily without any oily feeling or stickiness.



Another Rosewater product that has become a fast favourite is the Dusting Powder. This usually retails for S$40 for 85g but I purchased it with a 30% discount voucher. The powder feels quite silky and finely milled and the scent is wonderfully relaxing without being too cloying. I like to dust this on the chest, neck, shoulders and upper arms.



Crabtree & Evelyn is offering gifts with purchase of either S$120 or $160. The Marina Bay Sands Shoppes store is currently offering an additional gift of a full size candle with $160 purchase, that is exclusive to the store.

Love the pretty shopping bags too!


1 comment:

Tracy said...

I'm so jealous! I wish I had Crabtree here. I've been savouring my rosewater shower gel and I love how it makes my entire place smell like a garden. Speaking of which, I checked out the infusers (sticks you put into a jar of fragranced oil) and I was so tempted to get it. I believe it was called Iris. I might stock on a few when I fly to Australia next week. :-)