Sunday 22 May 2011

Nicole by OPI Step 2 The Beat of My Heart

If you are reading this post on another website and not on rougedeluxe.blogspot.com, it has been stolen and reproduced without permission.

While shopping at Millenia Walk earlier today, I came across the Nicole by OPI Justin Bieber "One Less Lonely Girl" collection at the OPI@Lacbar.

To be honest, I can't stand the mop top's music and always turn off the car radio when his songs are being played. Nevertheless, the cornily named Step 2 The Beat of My Heart caught my eye. It's a delightful confection of sweet pink and lavender hearts and holographic glitter suspended in a clear base. The Nicole by OPI polishes are usually S$17.10 each but there is currently a $3 discount for DBS/POSB cardholders.

It can be a bit tricky trying to fish out the hearts with the brush so another way is to use an orange stick or tooth pick to place the hearts on the nail first before brushing on the polish.

Applied over Dior Paradise nail polish (from the Electric Tropics collection).

The so-called "perfect stroke brush" does work quite well and covers most of my nails in two strokes.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

it looks really cute and fun! it might take a while for it to come to NZ though. the katy perry collection only recently came out. and the pink colours are selling much better than shatter!

ShinyPrettyThings said...

Oh wow, I had no idea Bieber fever made it all the way to Singapore LOL!! mb I'm getting old but his music drives me crazy. at least he finally got a new hairstyle! hahaha

I saw these polishes here in the US & was tempted but refused to own anything Bieber related hehe
Do the edges of the hearts stick up after the polish dries? I've tried a few polishes like this & the edges of the confetti always stick up & snag my clothes or hair

Haru said...

hi,
For some reason, Singapore gets the new OPI collections very early, ahead of even the US and UK. Not that I'm complaining!

hi,
The edges of the glitter laid flat on my nails and I didn't have any problems with them snagging on anything but I only wore this for 3 days before removing it to try another colour.