Saturday 24 November 2012

Canmake Perfect Serum BB Cream Light

During my Tokyo trip, I picked up the new Canmake Perfect Serum BB Cream Light, which was released in July. Made in Japan, it retails at a very affordable 840yen (about S$12.50) for 30g.

Boasting a high SPF50 with PA+++, the texture is supposed to be more lightweight with natural coverage compared to the original Perfect BB Serum Cream. In addition, Canmake has packed it with 21 beauty ingredients such as ectoin (an amino acid), hyaluronic acid, collagen, ceramides, royal jelly extract, witch-hazel extract, arbutin, Job's tears extract, saxifraga stolonifera extract, aloe vera extract, ascorbyl tetraisopalmitate, artichoke leaf extract, cherry leaf extract, prune resolvent, seaweed extract, soybean extract, gingko extract, peach leaf extract, hydrolyzed silk, European white birch bark extract and rosehip extract. You can find the ingredients list, which contains silicones, in English on Ratzilla Cosme.

The formula is designed to be gentle on skin as it is free of parabens, alcohol, mineral oil, fragrance and tar-based pigments. Like any good BB Cream, it offers 8 functions in one, including foundation, primer, sunscreen, a soft focus effect, beauty serum, moisturiser and face pack.

Of the two shades, I chose 01 Light, a pale beige that turned out to be a good match for my MAC NC20 skintone. It has no grey or ashy tones and did not oxidise on my skin.

The light cream texture is easy to blend to a natural finish. The coverage is sheer and does not conceal angry red blemishes or skin pigmentation completely, although it does help to even out the skintone somewhat. It did not emphasise or pool in my pores, which is important for me.

This worked quite well for me in the chilly Swiss winter, when my skin is not as oily as it usually is. There was only a bit of shine on my T-zone after four hours, whereas normally with most foundations, I would have to blot my T-zone and cheeks after two hours.

It doesn't provide a flawless finish but it does help skin look more even-toned and less ruddy, without looking like heavy makeup. It's good for those days when I'm in a rush as I can just use this in place of moisturiser/primer and foundation. I didn't even have to set this with powder.

The other products used for this look are Lancome Colour Design Palette in Golden Frenzy over NARS Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base, K-Palette 1Day Lash Perm and Lasting 2Way Eyebrow S01, RMK Super Base Liquid Concealer EX01, Fresh Sugar Tinted Lip Treatment in Passion and Sephora Pantone Universe Blush Duo.

The Lancome Golden Frenzy palette (from the holiday Beauty Box) is a real gem with wonderfully pigmented eyeshadows that glide on like silk.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I saw this on ebay from a U K seller and rushed to find a review and found yours!!! Perfect!! Thanks for this Haru x

Haru said...

Glad it helped :-)