Monday 5 November 2012

Tarte Fantastic Foursome Blush Set Swatches

The Tarte Fantastic Foursome 4-Piece Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush Enthusiast Set (US$35) features a quartet of powder blushes infused with Tarte's signature Amazonian Clay. Not only are these certified cruelty-free and paraben-free, they supposedly provide up to 12 hours' wear.

The "To" and "From" inscription on the back of the box makes this a nifty gift.


The set includes two blush shades, a highlighting shade and a bronzing shade. Angelic (pale champagne) is the most shimmery of the lot while Magic (coral) and Fantastic (blue-toned pink) have matte finishes. Stellar (medium brown) has a satin finish. All four are new and exclusive to this set.




For these swatches, the four shades required about 3-4 layers to show up well. They feel somewhat dry to touch. There is no grittiness but they do not have the velvety rich texture of say, RMK or Nars.

Most blog reviews were positive but there were a couple of reviewers who felt that the quality was not as good as the regular Amazonian Clay blushes. I would recommend getting this set only if you like all four shades. Otherwise you're better off buying a regular shade that you will get more use out of.

My collection of Tarte blushes.

Magic is a touch less orange-toned than Tipsy, and not as red as Frisky.



Hope this has been helpful!

10 comments:

Lisa said...

Magic is my favorite one.

The Lacquered Lady said...

I adore Tarte blushes. Like you prior to purchasing the kit, I have 3 of them. I received an additional one with the Carried Away collection. The quality of that blush - Adventurous - was impeccable. It is disappointing to hear these aren't quite up to par. I also wish there were 4 true blush colors instead of 2 with a highlighter and bronzer.

memoiselle said...

Thanks Iris for a helpful swatches. I am thinking to get this but wondering how different are these blushes from the amazonian?

Haru said...

These are supposed to be Amazonian Clay blushes as well but I think the regular ones are slightly more pigmented.

CherryColors said...

Damn what a cute packaging! Makes my mouth water :D!

But my fav color is still Frisky. It's perfect.

Sara Kye said...

Lovely swatches here! I was eyeing these since I don't have a single Tarte blush and this seems like a good place to start but yet I've heard these don't seem as good as the 'original'. Tskk tskkk.

galpal.hi said...

I bought this set and have actually used only one of the blushes once. Like another commenter said, I wish that there were 4 regular blushes instead of a highlight and bronzer. I will probably not use either. I do like the fact that they are smaller sized though--so cute!

Anonymous said...

milktea said... Glisten looks the nicest to me! :)
You didn't get Exposed?

Haru said...

Hi milktea,
Nope, these are all the Tarte Amazonian Clay blushes that I have. Doubt I'll get anymore unless they come out with a really unusual shade.

Unknown said...

your swatches are amazing!!! these are so pretty :)

vickyhoang.blogspot.com