Sunday 4 November 2012

Tarte Statement Lips 5-piece Lipsurgence Collectors Set and Picture Perfect Curler

The holiday collections are always a special time of the year for the amazing sets that companies release. I used to be a fan of Tarte's holiday blockbuster sets but eventually stopped purchasing them as I wasn't using them often enough. This year, I could not resist getting a couple of their holiday sets as they offer great value for money and a good range of shades.

Through MyUS.com's personal shopper service, I purchased from the Tarte website the Fantastic Foursome 4-Piece Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush Enthusiast Set (US$35), Statement Lips 5-piece LipSurgence Collectors Set (US$34) and Picture Perfect Curler & Deluxe Lights, Camera, Lashes! Mascara set (US$16). I skipped the Carried Away Collector's Set as the eyeshadow shades looked too bland and lacklustre for my liking.

The LipSurgence set is amazing value as these lip tints usually retail for US$24 each. You can split up the set to use as gifts to a few people. I already own a couple (True Blood and Spirited) and reach for them frequently as they are so user-friendly (no sharpening required) and wear comfortably on the lips. There is a minty tingling sensation for the first few minutes.

The set includes two Lip Lusters (Escape, Sweet), two Lip Tints (Enchanted, Elite) and a Matte Lip Tint (Exposed). These are made in the US and are free of parabens, mineral oil, phthlates and synthetic fragrance.


The shades are all easy to wear and would suit most skin tones. Personally, I would have preferred a couple of more vibrant or intense shades to add more spice and variety.

The Lip Tints usually provide about 3-4 hours of wear. They are easy to remove and don't leave my lips parched or peeling.





I already own a number of eyelash curlers but this special edition of the Picture Perfect curler looked appealing with its snazzy handles.

The spring mechanism enables one to curl the lashes with minimal strength. This curls my lashes quickly with just a couple of squeezes.

It also comes with a plastic grip that is handy to keep around if you travel a lot like I do, so that the curler takes up less space.

Compared to the Lunasol (left) and Shu Uemura curlers (right), the Tarte curler has a shorter width.


The Fantastic Foursome blush set sold out very quickly on Sephora.com so I snapped it up once it appeared on Tarte's website. The blushes contain half the product of the regular blushes (0.1oz/3.03g versus 0.2oz).

Do share what you have purchased from the holiday collections! I'm still waiting for my Paul & Joe unicorn set to arrive. Fingers crossed, I should be getting the Addiction coffret as well.

5 comments:

LauraLeia said...

I would love to get my hands on the Fantastic Foursome blush set! :O

Lisa said...

I purchased the Fantastic Foursome & the LipSurgence!

The Lacquered Lady said...

I must say that I purchased the Carried Away set and the shadows are gorgeous. Lots of different colors and highly pigmented. It may be worth a second look.

CherryColors said...

I love these blushes <3!

Unknown said...

i don't find the lip products too pigmented.. i hated them actually! :/

vickyhoang.blogspot.com