Friday 30 November 2012

Coffret D'Or Silky Fit Liquid Foundation

During my Japan trip, I purchased the Coffret D'Or Silky Fit Liquid Foundation SPF21 PA++ in Ochre B (3675yen, 25ml). Released in August 2011, the fragrance-free foundation is touted as containing 80% beauty essence fluid plus soluble collagen to help hydrate skin. The dimethicone and vinyl dimethicone cross polymer powder and Supple Skin Veil complex help to provide a soft silk-like finish. The ingredient list in English can be found on Ratzilla Cosme.

The squeeze tube packaging is easy to control and travel-friendly. The shade is a good match for my MAC NC20 skintone and does not oxidise on me.

It has a light fluid texture that blends easily, melding into the skin for a seamless finish. I usually prep my skin first with Murad Vitalic Energizing Pomegranate Moisturizer. While Silky Fit Liquid is easy to apply without a brush, but I find that using the Becca foundation brush gives a more flawless finish and allows more precise layering on areas where more coverage is needed.



I like the natural satin finish that makes my skin look healthier and more even-toned without a heavy mask-like effect. The lightweight texture is just right for my oily skin, not too dry and flat but not overly dewy either. It also provides good coverage of pores although a separate concealer is needed for the under eye area, very red blemishes and more severe pigmentation. It provides better coverage than the Canmake Perfect Serum BB Cream Light, which I reviewed recently.

In terms of oil control, it also performed well (although I should note that my skin gets less oily now that it's winter here) with blotting required every 2.5 to 3 hours. This together with the Paul & Joe Face Powder 001 (from the holiday coffret) have proven to be a perfect combination for me. Silky Fit Liquid has also been reviewed by Miss Elain-nio. It is available on Adambeauty.com.

Other products used for this look: Integrate Pure Big Eyes PK333, Fashionista Fashion Secret Gel Eyeliner in 24/7 Style, Lancome Blush Subtil in 02 Rose Sable, K-Palette Lasting 2Way Eyebrow S01 and 1Day Lash Perm, Bourjois Healthy Mix Correcting Concealer #51 and Addiction Miss You More Lipgloss.

For the second look, I used the same base products and Addiction Moroccan Rose holiday palette and Azalea lipgloss.

Of the four shades in the Moroccan Rose palette, the kohl eyeliner is the most impressive with its superb colour payoff and creamy texture. There is some fallout during the application process but this can be easily cleaned up.



7 comments:

Elaine said...

Lovely EOTD. The foundation looks good on you, very natural.
I am waiting for my addiction set to arrive. XD

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
birkinbagbeauty said...

that foundation looks incredible on you, like healthy skin...I like the fresh face of the day too

Haru said...

hi birkinbagbeauty,
thank you!

hi szaidik,
My eye makeup application process is pretty simple actually as I don't go for complex layering or blending techniques. I don't think my skills are that great, to be honest, and you would probably learn more by watching makeup artists on Youtube like gossmakeupartist or Lisa Eldridge.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for replying, I have seen Lisa Eldridge & gossmakeupartist's tutorials and I love their work they mostly emphasize on applying darker shade in outer v and crease and then blending it but I don't want to do that I like how you use a dark color like a liner it looks more natural I wanted to learn this.I will try to find some Asian beauty guru's videos who does this trick it looks great and gives a minimum makeup look.Thanks again

Haru said...

hi szaidik,
I recommend Jen of From Head to Toe, who does many video tutorials on her blog.
http://www.frmheadtotoe.com/2012/11/how-to-enhance-monolid-eyes.html
I usually start by applying the darkest color to upper lashline, up towards the crease and then blend lighter colors on top of it in the crease with a pale color on the browbone area. Then finish off with an eyeliner (gel/pencil/liquid) along the upper lashline and a shimmery shade along the lower lashline.

Anonymous said...

Thank you sooo much for explaining your technique and providing me the link of this blog I truly appreciate it.I know you say your makeup application process is simple but trust me you looks so pretty and the eye makeup looks very natural I am going to try this now. Thanks again for explaining your technique it is really nice of you <3