Thursday 1 January 2009

John Little Sale: Bourjois haul

Now's a good time to go shopping at John Little department store which is having a 20% storewide sale. Most cosmetics are either 10%-20% off, with additional discounts for JL/Robinsons cardholders. For example, Canmake is 15% off with an additional 20% off for cardmembers. L'Oreal and Maybelline are 20% off. Bourjois is 10% off with an additional 20% off for cardmembers. There are also similar discounts for other brands such as Lieole, Fasio, Milani, Silky Girl etc. On top of the discounts, Robinsons cardholders also get their usual 5% or 10% rebates.

I picked up the Bourjois Vintage Collection #4 Noir Precieux eyeshadow (smokey midnight purple) and #33 Lilas D'Or blush (shimmery rose pink) at the JL store in Plaza Singapura. The eyeshadow usually retails for S$20.40 and the blush usually retails for S$20.90. I paid S$29.74 for both after the discount :-)







I received this cute little pink mirror accessory as a gift with my Bourjois purchase! The design is a total knock-off of the Anna Sui hand mirrors.




At the JL store in Orchard (near Somerset MRT), I also picked up another three of my favourite Hush Puppies cotton shorts for about S$10 each after 20% discount.




My mom got this cherry print tote for S$14 and the white bag for only S$10!


16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Haru
Happy new year! The mirror phone charms are really cute!

I was wondering how the Sana Super Quick Eyeliner EX worked out. I love lining my water line but find nothing seems to want to stay on that part of my eye!

Anonymous said...

hey could i find out from you, does maybelline and loreal have extra discount for card members too?

birkinbagbeauty said...

I love the Bourjois vintage printed boxes, and the mirror is really cute.

Haru said...

Hi,

I think Maybelline and L'Oreal are only 20% off for everyone without any extra discount for cardholders but I'm not 100% sure. Best to check at the store? Sorry!

Haru said...

Hey Dark Nyx,

The Sana eyeliner didn't work out too well for me. It was not a true deep black shade, and seemed to smudge easily. I need to try it a few more times before I can give a full verdict.

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year!!~~~

Wow, I think I 'have' to drop by JL tmrw! =P I would love to check out the Bourjois vintage stuff.

Oh btw, I love the Hush Puppies shorts. I wear them at home and they are sooo comfy! =D

Haru said...

Hey AhCapp!

Happy new year to you & your family too! The Hush Puppies shorts are located in the underwear department in B2 of the Orchard store. I wear them daily at home too ;-p

happy shopping!

Anonymous said...

bourjois is such an old love for me!!! #33 is one of my fav blush shades from this line and that #04 e/s single is very good!

i didn't know bourjois has cute mirror like that. it's a bit anna sui's style.

thanks for sharing and i think it's about time we get some bourjois products in malaysia. not sure why it never comes here...

makeupmag said...

The Boujois vintage packaging is so pretty. I bought Beige Rose e/s! :D

Kimberly said...

how adorable!!! I love those shadows, and the vintage inspired packaging is truly to die for!!!

i need to surf the web and get my hands on some!!

thanks for sharing your very yummy haul and happy new year to you!

Pink Sith said...

OMG. What a wonderful haul!!! I love the blush & eyeshadow, and the bags are too cute! Happy New Year!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi, the Bourjois blush is very pretty. Do you know when will the JL sales end?

Joc

Haru said...

Hi Joc,

I think the sale may be ending today but I'm not 100% sure.

Anonymous said...

hi Haru,
please do a review on the eyeshadow if possible. it looks so lovely in the pan.

Anonymous said...

Hi Haru,

Would like to contact you via email for some enquiries. Is there anywhere I can email you at?

Thanks!
Joann

Haru said...

Hi Joann,

you can email me at izuc77 at hotmail. (I did not want my email address to be captured by spambots.)