Saturday 24 January 2009

Juicy Couture opens in Singapore!

I was at Ngee Ann City this afternoon to pick up my usual stash of Japanese beauty magazines and chanced across the new Juicy Couture store, which has just opened! It is on the third level near Kinokuniya. The decor of the store is impressive and unusual, with a striking contrast between the metal studded frame of the storefront and the pink interior.



Wonder if the knight armour is a signature display of JC stores like the skeleton in Kiehl's stores?





The stuff is extremely pricey though, and marked up considerably by over 30% more than the US retail price. This terry baby fluffy bag and baby fluffy velour bag are US$198 and US$178 in the US but costs about S$400 here. The larger rectangular velour tote bags were about S$500 each. You would probably save quite a bit by ordering from the US when Juicy Couture has a sale and having it shipped to Singapore by Borderlinx. I didn't have time to check out the prices of their other items but the accessories such as charms look incredibly cute.



Banner ads outside Ngee Ann City.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was told JC in Spore is brought in by Lane Crawford in HK. I did see a couple of Jap ladies carrying their paper bags over the weekend when I was there. Not sure if any locals would bother to buy.

Anonymous said...

Hi,

I just got back from Las Vegas and bought a bunch of Juicy Couture stuff. It's sexy and juicy!

Fel said...

Hi Girls,

Just happen to come across your post, I am posting up some Juicy items on my blog (not quite finished yet), figured you might want to check this out.

Juicy had a sales last week, picked up a few items at pretty decent price.

http://myfancycloset.blogspot.com/