Thursday 15 January 2009

New sightings at Watsons & Catalog Magazine

Spotted these at the Watsons store in Ngee Ann City yesterday!

Canmake nail polish collection at a special promotional price of S$7.50 (usual price: $8.50).




Majolica Majorca Majolook (Trick On) palettes GR750 and BR751 (S$24.50 each) from the Fall '08 "A Girl with Wings" collection. I'm not sure why there was a delay in releasing these in Singapore but both are great palettes well worth checking out!



At the Anna Sui counter in Isetan Orchard, I chanced upon a stack of Catalog magazines, issue #52 (S$3.50). I asked the SA if they were free and she answered "Yes" with a most sour expression before turning around and stalking off. :-p Despite her snobbish attitude, I was still delighted at scoring a free copy of the magazine, which I've never seen before. I think this is the January issue. It is a monthly magazine, tagged as "The Definitive Shopper" and covers fashion for both men and women. (Edited to add: There is a big stack of Catalog at the cashier counters in Tangs (Orchard) so you can grab a copy from there!)

The issue had a special spotlight on Majolica Majorca and featured it on both covers. One side featured the A Girl with Wings promo visual while the other side was embossed with the Majolica Majorca logo and tagline "Fulfils all your wishes".






Inside there's an article by the Catalog editor, Adele Chan, who attended a MM press event in Hong Kong where she got to interview MM's Chief Makeup Artist Miki Terunuma.








There is also an excellent tutorial on how to apply MM's Lash Enamel Neo for full lashes and Lash Expander Nep (known as Lash Beautifying Mascara in Singapore) for long lashes.









Some other features in the magazine. Overall, Catalog is a good read with well-written articles and interesting fashion finds. I highly recommend picking it up if you see it around!



8 comments:

yl said...

catalog has been around for a couple years and its one of my fav (free) mags! i think the layout is nicely done and the content short and sweet :) getting a bit harder to find these days though

Anonymous said...

where do you usually get catalog?

Taryn said...

Maybe it's me, but doesn't the model's lashes look spidery after the mascara application?

I had the same thing happen the other day when I used the LE auburn MM mascara. Did MM change their formula?

Haru said...

Hey Taryn,

I agree with you, the finished look for Lash Enamel Neo looked spidery and clumpy. I don't think MM has changed their formula for the LE auburn mascara though. The new Lash Expander Frame Plus coming out in a week's time will have a new formula.

Anonymous said...

Catalog is fee & has been around for a long time. I pick up mine from etthusais counters at Isetan & Cashier counters at Tangs Orchard. U can go over to these 2 places next time for this mag instead.

Haru said...

Hi Jac,
I saw a big pile of Catalog magazine at the Tangs (Orchard) cashier counters on the ground floor. You can get it from there!

Mlle_Lou said...

Thank you Haru, your blog is amazing!

Anonymous said...

Hi Haru,

Thank you for blogging about Catalog. We would like to offer you free 1 year subscription of Catalog.

Please let me have your address =)

You may contact me @6836-4030 ext 101 or renny@tuberproductions.com

Thanks
Renny