Friday 9 January 2009

Non-No tutorial on Aube Couture

This is for Fleckenschnitte as I had CP'd a couple of the new Aube Couture Designing Eyes palettes for her during my recent Tokyo trip :-) The tutorial is from Non-No magazine and features four different ways of wearing the Designing Eyes #503 palette. The shades are denoted as A (light beige), B (medium beige), C (medium brown) and D (dark brown).

Look #1: A sweet gradation look that is perfect for dates.



Step 1: Use the fat sponge applicator to apply B on the whole lid in a left-right motion.

Step 2: Use the thin sponge applicator to apply D over the crease area.

Step 3: Use the brush to apply A as the highlight shade over the browbone area

Step 4: Apply A along the lower lash line for a casual feel.



Look #2: Using light and shadows to emphasise the eyes



Step 1: Use the fat sponge applicator to apply A across the whole lid.

Step 2: Use the brush to sweep C along the lower lashline.

Step 3: Use the brush to shade B into the inner corner of the upper eyelid just under the brows, to add definition.



Look #3: A cool look



Step 1: Use the fat sponge applicator to apply B, the nuance shade, across the whole lid. This is the base for creating the shadow.

Step 2: Use the thin sponge applicator to apply C in a crescent-shape at the outer corners of the lid up to the crease

Step 3: Still using C with the sponge applicator to shade the crease towards the inner corners.

Step 4: Use the thin sponge applicator to line the lower lid with D.



Look #4



Step 1: : Use the fat sponge applicator to apply A across the whole lid.

Step 2: Use the thin sponge applicator to line the upper lashline with D in a thin fine line.

Step 3: Use the tip of the thin sponge applicator to line the outer one-third of the lower lashline with D

Step 4: Use the sponge applicator to apply B along inner two-third of the lower lashline.

4 comments:

Kathi said...

Ah, that's sweet, thanks! The Aube palette is currently my fave purple palette!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the tutorial! I just gotten 503 too! Will try out soon.

Anonymous said...

Hi Haru!

I'm back to post my review on 503. Currently, it's my favourite eyeshadow!

I wore this for a period of 12hrs and guess what, the colour doesn't smudge or wear off! It's amazing! Bear in mind I have very oily lids.

However, I wouldn't say the same lasting effects for Coffret D'or and Lavshuca shadows. Both smudged on me badly just after a few hrs though I must say the colours are exceptionally beautiful immediately upon application.

I'm planning to get another Aube palate, which shades you'd reccommend?

I like earth colours, and have owned brown and green palates. I need something wearable for everyday work.

Do you think Lunasol palate is smudge-proof for people with oily lids?
They certainly have gorgoeous colours! They are very pricey and I hope they do not disappoint me like Coffret D'or.
Thanks.

Haru said...

Dear winterberry-gal,

Glad to hear that you liked the Aube Couture 503 palette. I think the purple palette #505 looks quite nice too and is suitable for the office too.

As for Lunasol, its palettes last well on me but I always use a primer which helps immensely. Have you tried using a primer such as Urban Decay Primer Potion or Testimo Bright Up Eye Base? Lunasol makes one too but it's quite pricey.