Saturday 24 January 2009

Paul & Joe Disney Haul!

The Paul & Joe Disney collection has been selling swiftly since it launched in Singapore three days ago. The Flower face powder balls and Marie Milky Lip Treatment sold out ahead of the Bambi face powder balls and Protective Hand Cream at the Isetan Scotts counter. I read on Cozycot that the collection was launched at the counter in Takashimaya on Thursday.

Only 50 pieces of each product was brought in for each counter, with more stocks expected in February. Given how well the collection has been selling, I hope the company brings in much larger quantities in the next shipment. It has been a long time since Paul & Joe had such a fast-selling collection!



I picked up these items on Thursday: the Bambi balls (S$48), the hand cream (S$28), Pearl Powder #4 (S$30) and Lipgloss N #5 (S$34). The orange flower scented hand cream smells absolutely divine and refreshing. It also contains peach essence, jojoba oil and hyaluronic acid to protect hands. It has a light milky texture that absorbs quickly without any sticky residue. It is probably not heavy duty enough for the harsh winter months but it is perfect for Singapore's humid weather.

The interior of the Bambi box has the cutest little bird print!


The fluffy powder puff is a good size, more luxurious and thicker than the ones that came in the Majolica Majorca Majolumina. It does a good job of applying the powder although some ladies on Cozycot reported that the colour shows up better with the MAC #187 brush.




The balls are a good mix of small beige, medium peachy orange and large pink balls. When applied, it shows up as a soft peachy pink on my cheeks. At S$48, it is about S$11 more than the price on Asos.com (£17.75) but I guess after you factor in shipping costs and the risk that the balls will get broken in transit, it's probably better just to pay the extra S$11 to get them locally.


The Pearl Powder #4 (5g) is a metallic baby pink with silver micro sparkles that twinkle ever so merrily! I hope Paul & Joe will introduce more shades of this as they have a lovely silky texture.


For purchases over S$120, the counter is currently giving away this clutch bag (the alternative is a poppy print clutch wallet). The bag feel very stiff and heavy. It is covered in a satiny fabric with a velvet-lined interior. I don't have a bag like this so I was quite pleased with it. The counter is still giving away the poppy print luggage with purchases over S$200.



I also received the Eye Color #94, a velvety eggplant shade, as a GWP.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a GREAT P&J haul! I am so tempted to get the Disney items, have been toying with the idea for over a month, after looking at your pics, I think I am going to cave! Btw, that is a very cute clutch!

Haru said...

Hey Michelle,

the Disney items are definitely worth getting, so go for it! They are selling incredibly fast over here even though the balls are quite pricey.

I haven't gotten around to using the clutch bag ;-p Bad habit of mine to buy stuff and not use them for awhile.

Anonymous said...

I may get the hand cream if there are stil any stock left.

JacQlin said...

Hey juz wanna check, have you ever tried to ask for samples from Paul & Jo Skin care? I have sensitive skin and I tried to ask e counters. the answer that I've got was, they no longer give out samples. Alternatively, it was suggested that I should get a miniature set to try out. hmm