Friday 19 February 2010

EOTD: Body Shop Shimmer Cubes #19 Look 3

Here's the third look that I created with the Body Shop Shimmer Cubes #19.

Again with Testimo Bright Up Eye Base as the primer, I used MAC #224 brush to sweep the lilac shade over the browbone area down into the crease, and the blue shade from just above the upper lashline to the crease. Then I used the sponge applicator (thin end) to line the upper lashline with the emerald shade and the lower lashline with the beige shade. Also added a touch of the beige shade at the inner corners. The lilac shade works very well as a wash over the browbone area as it's not as frosty as the beige shade and looks sweeter and more feminine.
.
I used the MAC #224 brush for a more sheer application that is easy to blend. This is a "SE" (meaning Special Edition) brush that I purchased as part of a holiday set way back in 2001, and it's still going strong! But the quality of MAC's holiday brush sets are not as good as they used to be so I prefer to purchase the regular brushes, which are hand-made, individually. MAC brushes are pricey (though not as expensive as Shu Uemura) but if you take good care of them, they can last many years and hence, the investment is very worthwhile.

Hope you've enjoyed this series of looks with the Shimmer Cubes! I know I've definitely sparked a lemming or two :-)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

lovely EOTD again. hey, how do you like that Model co thing? i have seen that brand here but not sure if i should venture into it and if so, what would you rec? thanks

Magdalena said...

That`s really cute~ I love golden/brown/silver/black eyeshadows so much I rarely go colorful, but I should! :D

Fiona Star said...

hehe, definitely sparked lemmings for me. this is my fave look yet! love the emerald on you.

Haru said...

hi Jojoba,
The ModelCo mascara is pretty good, builds decent volume and length and doesn't weigh down my lashes such that the curl becomes straight again. Also, it doesn't smudge unlike, say Givenchy Phenomen'eyes which always smudges on my outer lower lid. I haven't tried any other ModelCo products though so I'm afraid I can't recommend them.

Hi Magdalena,
Thank you! You should definitely try playing around with some bright shades, it doesn't have to be too loud, just one or two shades that pop!

hi feeyona,
thank you! I think this is my favourite look out of the three that I did thus far too!

Claire said...

Very pretty! Loving the sparkles and shimmers. :)