Wednesday 3 February 2010

EOTD: Paul & Joe Wild Flowers

Tried out the three Paul & Joe Collection Sparkles Face & Eye Colours from the Wild Flowers collection today. If you had to get only one, I would highly recommend #66 Purple Clover (pinkish lilac/dark purple). It has the most boring print packaging out of the three in this collection, but both the lilac and dark purple shades are gorgeous and well pigmented.

I wouldn't have purchased #64 Honeysuckle which is a standard light brown paired with a light creamy white if not for the unusual cat print. #65 Lady's Slipper is an unusual pairing of lime green (think the colour of sugarcane juice!) and a baby pink.

After applying Testimo Bright Up Eye Base, I brushed the cream shade from Honeysuckle over the browbone area, and then used a fat sponge applicator (from one of my Dior quints) to apply the lilac shade from Purple Clover from the outer corner to the middle of the lid and blended into the baby pink shade from Lady's Slipper from the middle of the lid to the inner corners. Finally, I used a thin sponge applicator to line the upper lashline with the dark purple shade from Purple Clover and the lower lashline with the lime shade from Lady's Slipper.

All the eyeshadows have a buttery smooth texture and a lovely soft glimmer. Typical of Paul and Joe, the shades are feminine and easy to wear for most ladies. I just wish Paul & Joe would release these Collection Sparkles more frequently than the current pace of twice a year.

After I was done, it struck me that this was what I had hoped Lunasol Scent Form Eyes #3 Black Tea would look like. But instead, the pink shade in Black Tea turned coral on me, the purple shade was too dark and the green shade was not bright enough.

6 comments:

shopaholic said...

i like it, the whole combi looks very refreshing & pleasing.

thanks!

Chloe Poppies said...

Wow... very nice combi. I'm liking it :)

Michelle said...

This looks absolutely GORGEOUS on you Iris! Qn for you - how do you keep your sponge tip applications clean between uses? Everytime I wipe them on tissue paper, I get little lint on the sponge tips ....

Tracy said...

I totally agree with you on choosing the purple shadow. It's amazingly pigmented, even the little individual shadows. I'm waiting for the Takashimaya sales so I can haul the loot!

Anonymous said...

I love how you've paired the green with the purple. I've always love this particular combination. In terms of color pay off and texture, is lady's slipper better than mac's lillyland's which is also pink and green?

Haru said...

hi,
I think Lady's Slipper has better color payoff and a more silky texture than MAC in Lillyland. The Lillyland eyeshadows has a more matte texture and takes more layers to show up well whereas Lady's Slipper has a pearl shimmer and shows up well from the very first layer.