Sunday 28 February 2010

EOTD: Luv Carat Eyeshadow Palette Princess Pink

Luv Carat is a Japanese makeup brand that is known for its crystal-encrusted compacts. In Singapore, the line can be found at Sasa stores. Pictured below is the Luv Carat Eyeshadow Palette in Princess Pink which retails for S$39.90 at Sasa.

The lid is all blinged out with clear and pink crystals. According to the product packaging, it is designed in Japan and made in Taiwan.

Given the name and packaging, one would expect intensely shiny eyeshadows but the trio of powder eyeshadows have a soft glimmer and a satiny finish. There are no glitter bits, thankfully. The eyeshadows apply sheer at first but can be layered for greater intensity. The purple shade complements the pink shade very nicely for a sweet, feminine look.

I used the included sponge applicator to apply the white shade over the browbone area down to the inner corners, the pink shade from the upper lashline to the crease, and the purple shade along the upper and lowerlashline.

The eyeshadows lasted well on me over more than 5 hours of wear without fading, oxidising or creasing. (I also used Testimo Bright Up Eye Base as the primer. What I found impressive was that the purple shade lasted very well on my lower lashline without falling into the fine lines, fading or smudging like some other eyeshadows or eyeliner tend to do.


I used Majolica Majorca's Lash Bone Black Fibre In and Lash Enamel Glamour Volume On on my lashes. Again, I encountered the clumping problem which fortunately could be fixed by just gently pressing the excess mascara out using my fingertips. (The pics are taken after I removed the clumps.) My lashes stayed curled without any flaking or smudging over several hours of wear. I'm going to try using Lash Enamel Glamour Volume On by itself without Lash Bone next to see if it reduces the clumping.

3 comments:

makeupmag said...

Hey Iris,

I love this shot: http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_REn7L01ICUo/S4oUwC0aY0I/AAAAAAAAQNk/q9xmqndH2Vk/s400/IMG_2464.jpg

What a pretty, feminine look this is. I like the sound of the purple lasting. You really do carry such colours well.

It could be prettier/sparklier though, I agree. I haven't tried the grey one I have but will let you know how it turns out.

Chantana said...

WOw.. the color look soft and pretty!! And the casing was so bling and hard to resist!

Haru said...

Hey Chantana,
To be honest, I find the price a bit excessive even though the case is super blinged out. You can DIY the crystals on your makeup compacts, as some bloggers like to do and it'd probably cost you a fraction of the Luv Carat palette's cost. Also the shadows are on the sheer side, so in terms of overall value, I think the UD Alice in Wonderland palette still wins handsomely.

Hey Mag,
If I wanted more sparkle, I would just dust a highlighting powder on top. But it is nice to try semi-matte eyeshadows from time to time, for a softer look :-)