Saturday 27 February 2010

EOTD: Majolica Majorca She Was A Doll

Majolica Majorca Jeweling Eyes BL711 is a palettes of shimmery pale pastels that would probably work best on fair complexions. The shades are mostly cool-toned with a lovely smooth finish. They apply sheer at first but can be layered for greater intensity.

I used the included sponge applicator to apply the white shade on the browbone area, the pale mint from the upper lashline to the crease, the brown shade along the upper lashline and the light blue shade along the lower lashline and inner corners.

The brown shade is not very intense or dark so if you want greater definition, you will need to use a separate eyeliner. The blue shade applies with a more of an icy tone, and not as blue as it looks in the pan. Overall, this palette would be quite easy for most ladies to wear and apply as the shades are not crazily pigmented or bright. They complement one another quite well for a fresh spring look that livens up the eyes without turning ashy.


The Lash Enamel Glamour Volume On has a double-edge comb applicator for adding volume and length. Unlike the previous version of Lash Enamel Glamour, the new version contains short fat fibres, 'volume up powder', gloss oil and waterproof polymers. As its name suggests, Lash Bone Black Fibre In contains black fibres in a clear base and is to be used as a mascara primer.

Here's a pic of my bare lashes for comparison.

Pic below shows Lash Bone Black Fibre In applied. This felt a bit like applying glue! The applicator tends to deposit a bit too much product at the base of my lashes, which are sparse and thin, but it does add length and helps to hold the curl.

Pic below shows Lash Enamel Glamour Volume On applied. While I like the glossy jet black formula and lengthening effect, the new comb design is tricky to get the hang of as it tends to deposit too much product which leads to clumping. This can probably be easily rectified by wiping the excess product off the wand with tissue first.

Overall, I thought the comb applicator took too much work but I do like the mascara formula as it glides on very smoothly and builds visible length and volume from the very first stroke, unlike some other brands which take several strokes to build up length and volume. My lashes also stayed curled without being weighed down.

8 comments:

. : * justine * : . said...

I like your EOTD but I think this will be too light for me... I find really pale/pastel shades all kind of look white on my skin.

Vonvon said...

Nice EOTDs....like the pale green shade. And the mascara surely lengthens your lashes and separates them well.

Magdalena said...

The highlighting color is soooo nice~ Blue and green toghether look really nice when done is such a subtle way... hmm, cute!

Ahcapp said...

Hi Iris

I'm happy to be the only reader who saw your EOTD in person today :)) Frankly speaking I think it's nice on you because it has a nice summer feel!

I had a great time today! :) Love the resort feel of your surroundings! Peaceful and serene!

I'm very trilled to get 539 IL today. Thank you! I need to figure out how to use the shades as they are technically all brown! ;) I'm such a brownie while you are the purple nut. :)

I notice Jarell like to chat up girls. Haha :D His dad is the opposite! Haha

Btw I forgot to remind U that Royce has a short shelf life. So attack them soon! :)

Haru said...

Hey AhCapp,

Thank you so much for the Royce chocolates! It's the best gift 'cos I love these "nama" (fresh) chocolates :-)

Happy to have met your little one at last! So bubbly and active, he must keep you really busy.

Glad to have been able to help you snag what must be one of the last few remaining IL palettes on this island. The SA said that it is probably limited edition but they may bring it back again if it's very popular.

I'm impressed by the curl-holding power of the MM mascara and primer. I applied them at about 12pm and it actually held up all the way until 9pm!

We should definitely hang out sometime again :-)

Hi Magdalena,
The palette is more on the subtle side but the shades all have a lovely pearl shimmer so it does not look dull or flat.

Hi Vonvon,
Thank you! I was quite surprised by how well it lengthened. The only trouble I had with it was trying to de-clump my lashes after I put too much product on them. Hopefully, with more practice, it will get easier.

Hey justine,
Even on my skintone, I find the shades very light so they may turn whitish on you. I think you look lovely in more dramatic/intense colours!

Beauty Runway said...

I love the Lash bone Black fiber in! Its so amazing !

evie said...

hi can i ask which is the best palette to buy from the MM eyeshadow?..thank you! and love youtr eotd!

Haru said...

hi evie,
I would recommend either the Jeweling Eyes palettes or the Majolook (Trick On) palettes. In terms of the individual palettes, it really depends on what types of shades you like and what works well with your skintone. The Jeweling Eyes VI782 and RD784 both look quite lovely although I don't own them.