Wednesday 17 February 2010

EOTD: Body Shop Shimmer Cubes #19

A reader requested an EOTD with the Body Shop Shimmer Cubes #19 so here's what I used today. The pencil eyeliner is MAC Pearlglide Liner in Fly-by-Bleu.

After priming my lids with Testimo Bright Up Eye Base, I used a sponge applicator to apply the beige shade over the browbone area, the emerald shade along the upper lashline up to the crease and the lilac shade in the crease and along the lower lashline. I did not use the blue shade as emerald shade is already very bright by itself. I then used a MAC #226 brush to blend the shades together, especially in the crease area, and finished by lining the upper eyelid with Fly-by-Bleu.

As you can see, the emerald shade is very vibrant, and gives a nice metallic pop of colour. The lilac shade has a lovely purple glint. The beige shade is a bit frosty so use a light hand with this. All the shades are well-pigmented but if you prefer a more sheer application, then I recommend using a brush instead of a sponge applicator.


This is the look on the model in the promo visual for the spring collection but I would wear this look only on weekends or nights out.

11 comments:

littlewing said...

I really like how vibrant the emerald green is. So pretty! :D

Marce said...

Very pretty Shimmer Cube and lovely look! I love how you used the colours...maybe emerald on the lid and blue as a liner next time? I think that would complement your eyes very well =)

Fiona Star said...

Yay, thanks for the EOTD! Yours looks a lot more wearable than the photo! I'm totally getting the shimmer cubes now ^^

Kathi said...

Wow, that´s really gorgeous! I love the bright emerald!

Anonymous said...

I caved in and got the shimmer cubes #19! Happy New Year

Anonymous said...

this is interesting. i never thought these cubes were worth trying but your EOTD said otherwise. rather pigmented and that surprised me. nice!

Haru said...

hi jojoba,
Actually the shimmer cubes blue/green combination reminds me of the Josie Maran palette that you just reviewed on your blog! I'm very happy with how these Shimmer Cubes turned out, they're exactly what I was hoping for when I first saw the pics online :-)

hi,
happy new year to you too! I'm sure the shimmer cubes will look lovely on you too! Have fun with them :-)

Hey Kathi!
I love the emerald shade the most out of the four, it just gives such a lovely bright pop of colour. And they lasted amazing well too, more than 9 hours of wear and no fading whereas the MAC Pearlglide liner did fade a bit!

Hi feeyona,
Glad to have helped you make up your mind! Do use these over a good eyeshadow primer, to get the shades to show up and last even better!

Hi Marce,
Thanks for the suggestion, I'd definitely try it next time!

Hi littlewing,
Trying out these Shimmer Cubes was pretty much the only fun I had in an otherwise yet another super dreary day at the office ;-p

dark nyx said...

That looks really pretty on you! I think you did a lovely job. ^^

Kas said...

Hey!!! I have another shimmer cube from sometime back that I got on a sale but its very pastel. This one's really nice and I'm so tempted! The purple looks like it has a duochrome or iridescent finish? Like a purply-blue tinge ..

Haru said...

hi dark nyx,
thank you!

hey Kas,
I think you'll like the emerald shade in this Shimmer Cube! The purple shade does not really have a duochrome or iridescent finish but it does have a nice glint to it. I would say it's more pink than purple actually.

Unknown said...

http://supeachchaya.blogspot.com/2010/03/body-shop-shimmer-cube19.html

there are the swatches of this palette here ^^