Saturday 19 June 2010

Fresh Sugar Plum Tinted Lip Treatment

Fresh Sugar Rosé Tinted Lip Treatment has been my holy grail lip balm since I picked it up in Hawaii back in March. When I received an email from Sephora a few weeks announcing the arrival of the Plum version exclusively available in advance to Beauty Insiders, the lemming started immediately. During my recent trip to New York, I was elated to discover the Plum Tinted Lip Treatment was already available at the Sephora stores, usually displayed right next to the check-out lines.

In the tube, Plum looks like a scary dark blackberry whereas Rosé is a cheerful bright pink.

Like Rosé, the Plum version keeps my lips well moist without feeling sticky or heavy and adds a lovely tint of red. Rosé gives my lips more of a pink tint. It has SPF15 and is formulated without parabens, sulfates, phthalates, GMOs or triclosan.

At US$22.50, it is definitely the most pricey lip balm that I've purchased but as it also performs like a lipstick for me, I think it is well worth the price. I also adore the sturdy burnished metal tube that it comes in, which is so much classier and elegant than the usual cheap plastic tube of most lip balms.

For this look, I am wearing Lunasol Nature Color Eyes EX01 Nature Sumemr Blue with Dior X4 Control Compact Powder Foundation over RMK Face Protector SPF31 PA+. The RMK Face Protector is a water-based sunscreen that works well with my oily skintype as it has a very light, non-greasy texture and applies with a cooling feeling. It also performs well as a makeup base, allowing the powder foundation to apply very smoothly without any cakiness.

6 comments:

The Misery Chick said...

Oh no! The Muse didn't quite like it, but it looks lovely on you.

Am torn now. To stalk, or not to stalk eBay for this.....

Anonymous said...

Do you find this better than Korres lip butter stick?

I am using the latter now and while I like how it looks on my lips, it leave a slightly bitter aftertaste in my throat.

Keira

inthesweetshop said...

I think that looks absolutely gorgeous on you! I am seriously lemming it now but I don't think it's actually out yet here in the UK...
have a brilliant weekend!
Nina x

Haru said...

Thanks, Nina! Hope it arrives in the UK soon :-)

hi Keira,
I find the Fresh Sugar Tinted Lip Treatments to be slightly more moisturising and feels a bit more emollient than the Korres lip butter stick. I don't have any complaints about the Korres lip butter stick though as it is much more affordable and gets the job done as well in terms of ease of use, adding a nice tint of colour and moisture.

Anonymous said...

Love your makeup here! Very fresh and lovely, it suit you very well, wish it did for me....

Liz Rose said...

That color is soooo pretty on you! it almost looks like a just bitten, berry stained lip, but with some shine.

I <3 your blog. I'm a long time lurker, and first time poster. Keep up the great reviews.

- Liz