Saturday 26 June 2010

RMK Spring Modern Eyes #2 Moss Green

RMK Spring Modern Eyes #2 Moss Green appealed to me when the RMK Spring 2010 collection was first released at the beginning of this year. But the inclusion of the sunny yellow shade made me hesitate in picking it up as I'm just not into yellow eyeshadows.

Like the Spring Modern Eyes #1 Goldish Blue palette that I purchased earlier, the shades tend to apply very sheer with a delicate fine shimmer. For example, the dark brown shade actually applies as more of a light brown while the darker green shade applies more like a pale green. For the look below, I used NARS Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base and was quite disappointed that I could not get the darker green shade to show up more intensely like how it looks like in the compact, despite 'packing' it on with the included sponge applicator.

I applied the light green shade over the browbone area, the inner corners and along the inner half of the lower lashline; the darker green shade from the upper lashline to the crease and along the outer half of the lower lashline; and the brown shade along the upper lashline. Then I finished the look with Dolly Wink Liquid Eyeliner, Lancome Virtuose Precious Cells mascara and K-Palette Real Lasting Eyebrow 24h in 01 Natural Brown. This is also my first time trying out the K-Palette Real Lasting Eyebrow and can't quite make up my mind about it yet.

For the rest of the look, I also used Dior X4 Control Compact Foundation, Tarina Tarantino Parasol Blush, Fresh Sugar Rosé Tinted Lip Treatment and RMK Super Basic Liquid Concealer EX01.

If you like your eye makeup to be fresh, simple and natural, then the RMK Spring Modern palettes may be suitable for you as the eyeshadows are sheer and easy to work with. The texture is very finely milled without being overly powdery and there are also no messy chunky glitter particles.

But if you prefer more pigmented eyeshadows, then I would recommend the Lunasol line instead, especially the Star Shower Eyes or Sheer Contrast Eyes palettes. There are also much more affordable options like Fasio Shade Trick Eyes and L'Oreal Open Eyes Chrome Intensity (both are easily available at Watsons in Singapore) if you are looking for shimmery eyeshadows with a smooth texture, good color payoff and intensity.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Pretty Iris. I like this look ^^

I was on the look out for the 04 palette but it was sold out =(

Chantana said...

The Green from RMK palette look really soft and sweet!

Anonymous said...

the moment i spotted the picture of the palette, i had to click and see what it's like as the green is very beautiful. i was very disappointed to see how they showed up on your eyelids. there was no pigments. You are right, i'd need to look else where as this palette won't do a thing for me. while i was in malaysia, i tried RMK a couple of times but failed to find any colour mu i liked from this brand. the foundation was reported to be excellent but i have yet to try any.

thanks for the review and especially your helpful EOTD.

Anonymous said...

although the pigment is not much, i do think that it emphasize your unique eyes features better and sharper. It look great to me, so might be its advantage of less pigment, to bring out the unique shape that each have?

Lydia said...

I found this to be more sparkle than colour too. Pretty, but very very sheer. I prefer Suqqu eyeshadows personally.

It does look really pretty on you though!