Saturday 12 June 2010

Giorgio Armani Mediterranean Palette

I stopped by Bloomingdales today to pick up the Armani Lasting Silk Foundation. After getting color matched, the summer collection display sitting quietly behind the counter caught my eye.

The new Mediterranean Palette (US$85) looked much more interesting than any of the recent Armani releases thanks to the pretty array of greens. After swatching these quickly and discovering that they had an incredibly dreamy texture with excellent colour payoff, it was simply a no-brainer that I had to get it. The stellar service by the male Caucasian SA also helped, as I tend to spend more when I get great service!

I usually don't use bronzers so I was worried that the bronzer in the top layer would be a dud for me but it actually applies quite sheer with a lovely glimmer, and so I can use it as a blush. It's been a long time since I hauled any Armani so I can't wait to try out the palette and the Lasting Silk Foundation!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

cant wait to hear about the foundation!

Anonymous said...

love, love, LOVE Armani products. too bad it's not avalible in SG. jinn

Vonvon said...

Wow!! I just saw this in The Muse blog the other day.

Swatches and EOTDs please..... the eyeshadows are gorgeous!

Elaine said...

have a safe journey home, haru dear! hope you have great haul from USA and hope you can review your new love, Giogio armani LF soon! very excited of this exotic product.

a lot are eager to hear too hehe

thanks...

Hannah said...

The eyeshadow palette looks interesting. Looking forward to your EOTD with it.

fuzkittie said...

Woah the e/s palette looks almost exactly like Sonia Rykiel's e/s palette from last summer!!

Nona said...

The GA palette is quite expensive, but it looks promising :D
Will wait patiently for its EOTD.

Michelle said...

Oooo, the palette looks GORGEOUS!

Hannah said...

Hi Iris

Just realized you'd bought GA's LSF. Don't think you've reviewed it, have you? Have you used it? if so, what are your thoughts abt it?

May I also know what shade you were matched to? I'm looking at 4, 4.5 and 5 from swatches online but I can't quite tell which are yellowed-toned from the swatches. Would you remember? Thanks

Haru said...

hi,
I can't remember which shades were yellow-toned. Perhaps you can try checking Cafe Makeup for swatches. I mentioned the LSF in this post:
http://rougedeluxe.blogspot.com/2010/06/lunasol-geminate-eyes-cats-eyes.html

I didn't find it to be that spectacular, and it wasn't very easy to blend so I haven't been using it.