Thursday 3 June 2010

Majolica Majorca Blooming Dream Eyes #1

Shortly after attending the Majolica Majorca Chapter 27 workshop, I received the Blooming Dream Eyes #1 Mid-day Dream from Shiseido to try out. It is the pink-themed palette on the right side in the pic below.

I had purchased Blooming Dream Eyes #2 Midnight Dream earlier at Watsons but as I wasn't too fond of the white cream base and the glitter cream, I swapped out the pan containing those two and replaced it with the eyeshadows from the Midnight Dresser #12 palette from the holiday 2009 collection.

I love the whimsical illustrations on the Blooming Dream Eyes palettes. The paper packaging is thinner and less sturdy compared to the Little White Book/Little Black Book and the Lady Cat/Persia Cat palettes but the illustrations are actually more detailed and intricate with watercolour-like shading.

The plastic flap helps to prevent the rest of the palette from being stained by the eyeshadows and creams. The powder eyeshadows have fairly good colour payoff and blend like a dream. Used over my trusty Testimo primer, they lasted well over 10 hours of wear with just minimal creasing. Best of all, there is no glitter or sparkle particle fallout.

The white cream base and glitter cream shades are similar to those in Blooming Dream Eyes #2. Frankly, I would have prefered a palette of four powder eyeshadows. Nevertheless, I was particularly taken with the pearly baby pink that has a lovely dreamy finish without any frostiness. It makes for the perfect wash over the browbone area. The bright pink shade, on the other hand, is a bit harder to pull off due to how vibrant it is. I was wary of looking like I had an eye infection so I used it in combination with the Midnight Dream and Midnight Dresser palettes.

I did two different looks with the Blooming Dream Eyes palettes. For the first look below, I used the bright pink shade from the inner corner to the middle of the lid, the medium purple shade from Midnight Dream from the middle of the lid to the outer corner and the dark purple shade from Midnight Dresser #12 along the upper lashline. I applied the baby pink shade from Mid-Day Dream over the browbone area and then finished with Perfect Automatic Liner VI606 and K-Palette Real Lasting Volume Mascara.

For the second look below, I used the baby pink shade over the browbone area, the bright pink shade in the outer half of the crease, the medium purple from Midnight dream in the inner half of the crease, the dark purple shade from Midnight Dresser #12 from the upper lashline to the crease Then I finished with Heroine Make Smooth Liquid Liner and Lancome Virtuose Precious Cells mascara.


You can find the collection at Watsons stores in Singapore. I saw plenty of these palettes still available at Ngee Ann City a couple of days ago (only the white Perfect Automatic Liner is sold out). Thanks for reading!

6 comments:

fuzkittie said...

The hot pink is verryyyy cute.

Michelle said...

I love how you combine both palettes together to create this look! I like both palettes but I don't use the base/glitter, they make me look so greasy, not dewy! hahahahahahaha!

Chantana said...

You received, I'm still waiting for mine! lolx

At the workshop.. I thought the pink(darker shade) was abit too red for me... but turn out surprising nice.

M. said...

Hi Haru,

Wondering what eyeshadow base you would recommend? Understand you were using Testimo's but since that brand has died, what other recommendations do you have?

Would love to hear from you! Thanks!

jing said...

I prefer the purple version....as the pink one looks abit too red for me.

If I am not wrong, the white pink eyeliner was released many years ago?

Haru said...

hi Michelle,
I find the glitter cream to be a bit tacky and feels strange putting it on top of powder eyeshadow. But I do like the powder eyeshadows very much.

hey Chantana,
I remembered the look that you did at the workshop was very pretty! I think the colours in this collection suit you very well :-)

hi M.,
You should check out Urban Decay Primer Potion or Too Faced Shadow Insurance. Some ladies also like to use MAC Paint Pot as a base. I think Lunasol's eye primer generally has quite good feedback but I don't like the fact that it is in a compact that you dip your fingers into, instead of a tube which is more hygienic.

hi Jiny,
I think there was a pinkish white highlighter some years ago but the white highlighter in Chapter 27 has a purple tinge. Too bad it's sold out everywhere as it's really pretty!