Saturday 5 June 2010

L'Oreal Open Eyes Chrome Intensity Party

The lovely folks at L'Oreal organised a party for beauty bloggers earlier today at Fika Cafe in Beach Road to introduce their new Open Eyes Chrome Intensity collection.

The party was a casual, relaxed affair over lunch with two makeup artists present to do makeovers on the bloggers.

The limited edition collection of four vibrant eyeshadow quads is currently exclusively available in Watsons, where they retail for S$19.90 each. Starting in July, it will also be available at Guardian Pharmacy, selected department stores and supermarkets in July.

I attended with Mag from Makeupstash.com and Kas of Shine, Shimmer & Sparkle. We were encouraged to dress in butterfly colours so it was the perfect opportunity for me to wear my new Forever21 butterfly print top that I had just bought a few weeks ago.


Below is Jerraine, the L'Oreal Paris product manager, welcoming the bloggers and explaining the collection to us. The Open Eyes Chrome Intensity collection was specially designed for the Asian market, so it will be available in the Southeast Asian countries and probably China as well. The eyeshadows are formulated with Pure Refined Micro-Pigments so each shade has a highly pearlised finish and excellent colour payoff.

Mag and Kas decided that the butterfly decorations that were originally on the windows would look better in their hair :-) Jerraine told us that some of these have even been shamelessly stolen from the displays in Watsons!

Laughed ourselves silly taking these photos!


From left to right, Kas, Tiphanie, the L'Oreal team, me and Mag.

Each blogger was given the four Chrome Intensity palettes and a pouch containing three Color Riche lipsticks, a Ultra Volume Collagene mascara and a Super Liner 24H (waterproof gel liner).

The palettes came beautifully packaged in this kit which is only for the press.

The flap on the right side is actually a mirror!


Of the four quads, my favourite is naturally Aquadisiac. The Magic Amber quad will be available only in department stores. You can see swatches of the quads in my earlier post here.

I'll post reviews of the individual quads as I play with them over the next couple of weeks. Have a great weekend, everyone!

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm looking forward to see eotds with these. They look very promising. I'm definately looking out for them next time I drop by Watson.

everbluec said...

Lolx... I took one of the butterfly home with me(Well, I asked them and they say OK! heehee)

Chantana

Haru said...

hey Chantana,
Both Mag and Kas took the big butterflies home too :-) The L'Oreal staff were so nice about it!

Anonymous Bosch said...

It was so nice to get to meet you, Haru! You're really sweet and petite in person, haha. Hope to talk more to you if we see each other again. :)

Haru said...

hey,
It was lovely to meet you too! That was a nice surprise as I have been reading your blog for quite awhile now. Hope to see you too in the future!

engeng said...

The eye shadows quads were already in John Little Plaza Sing last weekend.
No wonder I didn't see the Amber quad in watsons. Looking forward to your EOTD :D

reader said...

Just curious, did you ever think of trying contact lenses? :D

Haru said...

I do own daily disposable contact lenses but my eyes get incredibly dry from wearing them, so I am much more comfortable wearing spectacles.

Elaine said...

i love the color too and wanted to buy in watson but when i flipped over to see it's made in china, i got bored and walk away!

why can't they make the palette in local? to me, china quality is always compromised. no offense

verlyn said...

hi (: finally saw u in person at the party but i was too shy to approach u n talk to u.. hopefully next time if there's a chance i'll say hi to u (:

Haru said...

Hey Verlyn,
Sorry we didn't get a chance to talk! I saw you too and wanted to say hi. Hope to get a chance to meet you again next time!

AtelierGal said...

Hello!

I'm terribly bad with new faces so wasn't sure if it was you yesterday. Oops!

I love your dress, btw :)

Haru said...

hi AtelierGal,
I recognised you from your appearance in NuYou! Sorry we didn't get a chance to talk. Hope to see you again soon!

vivavoomz said...

I can totally understand why the butterflies got stolen. lol..

Anonymous said...

Are these exclusive to Asia?