Wednesday 5 October 2011

FOTDs with Too Faced Sweet Dreams Makeup Collection

I've been having lots of fun playing with the Too Faced Sweet Dreams Makeup Collection, which I swatched in this earlier post.

With 15 eyeshadows to choose from, the possibilities are truly endless. Sweet Dreams appealed to me because it has an interesting yet highly wearable mix of shades. There isn't a single shade that I wouldn't wear.

Using Shadow Insurance as the base, I applied Peach Fuzz over the browbone area, Cop A Teal along the upper lashline, Honeymoon along the lower lashline, Cut The Cake in the crease and Smolder in the outer half of the crease.


I also used Stila Sparkle Waterproof Liquid Eye Liner in Sequins along the upper lashline and Suqqu Mascara Volume Long N. For this look, I am also wearing Sweet Pink blush with Candlelight Glow dusted lightly over the cheeks and the under-eye area. Candlelight Glow adds a nice glowy effect without any frostiness.


For the second look, I brushed Peach Fuzz over the browbone area, Party Girl along the upper lashline, Satin Sheets in the inner half of the crease and along the lower lashline and First Dance in the outer half of the crease.

I also used Stila Sparkle Waterproof Liquid Eye Liner in Royal along the upper lashline and Suqqu Mascara Volume Long N.

On the cheeks, I am wearing Cocoa Rose blush with Candlelight Glow dusted lightly over it.


The eyeshadows and blushes all applied smoothly with good colour payoff and very minimal fallout on the under-eye area. They are not crazily intense like some of Sleek's eyeshadows so it is easy to build up to your desired intensity. Thanks to Shadow Insurance, they also lasted very well without creasing or fading over more than 9 hours of wear. Another plus point is that none of the eyeshadows have annoying chunky glitter bits and I did not get any stray shimmer particles falling on my cheeks during the day. The two blushes also had good lasting power, blendability and colour payoff.

Currently, I'm in love with Peach Fuzz with is a light pinkish beige sprinkled with tiny gold sparkles that glimmer very prettily in the light.








I had a minor accident with the palette, which slid off a shelf from a height of about 60cm. Fortunately, only a small corner of the lid was dented but you can see the cardboard starting to split apart. So if you get this palette, do handle it with extreme care!

9 comments:

Julia said...

Oh, I like the second look! :)

kaying said...

pretty, i like the second look a lot too :)

galpal.hi said...

Both of the looks are so pretty! Seeing this is making me want to check it out even more so. Have to wait for Sephora FF sale!

*Kat*

Beauty and the Scientist said...

Such a cute palette and both looks are pretty :)

Lisa said...

I got mine for a while & I still haven't touched it yet! I have been using my theBalm Cast Your Shadow (Muppets) Palette. :)

Mission: Beautician said...

I have the Too Faced Natural Eye palette and I love it! It's always my backup for rushed mornings, and you're right - the shadows do go on oh-so-smooth.
Lovin the colors in your palette though, I haven't tried anything else by Too Faced yet.
Any other products from them you love and recommend?

Haru said...

hi,
I like mainly Too Faced's eyeshadow palettes and Shadow Insurance. I liked some of their lipstick shades but not the scent; and their lipglosses are too strongly scented for my liking.

Kas said...

I like the lipcolour in the first look - maybe i missed it but what is it? Looks really nice! And Nice Stems, Cop a Teal, Honeymoon, Copper Penny look amazingggg

Haru said...

hey Kas,
I think it may be Lancome Color Fever Gloss in On Fire which I purchased in New York back in July. I think this may be from the summer 2011 collection which was not available in Singapore.
http://rougedeluxe.blogspot.com/2011/07/lancome-color-design-palettes-saks-gwp.html