Friday 21 October 2011

Operation Use It Up

Here are the products that I've used up this month so far.

1. Cosme Decorte Essence Makeup Remover: This biphase makeup remover worked well for removing eye makeup without irritating the eyes.

2. Burt's Bees Extra Energising Citrus & Ginger Root Body Wash: This was pretty average. I didn't find the scent to be particularly refreshing or energising, so I would not re-purchase this.

3. Body Shop Moisture White Shiso Make-up Cleansing Oil: This works well for removing makeup and rinses off easily without any oily residue. The shiso scent is unusual but not unpleasant and it doesn't linger on the skin. I didn't notice any whitening effect after using this for the past month.

4. Shiseido Tsubaki Damage Care Shampoo: This works really well for my color-treated hair and rinses off easily without leaving my hair in tangles.

5. L'Oreal Liss-Intense conditioner: I think this is the same as L'Oreal Smooth Intense conditioner. It contains argan oil for nourishing the hair. It helps to de-tangle my hair but it was less impressive in terms of combating the dryness and frizziness.

6. RMK Gel Scrub: This has been reviewed here. This did not provide enough exfoliating action for me.

7. RMK UV Face Protector SPF43: RMK recently revamped its UV Face Protector and bumped up the SPF factor from SPF35 to SPF43 PA+++ while retaining the same light, citrus-scented texture. I like the non-greasy texture but it has a slight tendency to peel on my skin.

8. K-Palette Lasting 2Way Eyebrow Powder: I've been a loyal user of the K-Palette Real Lasting Eyebrow for over a year as it is so easy to use, thanks to the fine brush tip that never splays. It lasts all day on me, no matter how oily my skin gets. This is the new dual-ended version which comes with a brow powder that can be used for a softer effect but it tends to apply patchily on me, so I usually use only the liquid end. The brow liquid lasted just slightly over two months for me with daily usage.

9. Fragrance samples of Jean Paul Gaultier Classique X, Dior J'Adore, Love Chloe and Si Lolita by Lolita Lempicka. Si Lolita was too spicy for my liking while J'Adore and Love, Chloe were nice for daily wear, but I'm not sure that I like them enough to want to purchase a full bottle.

10. Kenzoki Bare Body Night Cream: Not only does this body cream hydrate well, it also has the most wonderfully soothing scent. It is a pricey indulgence but I'll definitely consider investing in it in the future.

11. Kenzoki Fresh Jelly and Gum Drops: This is supposed to exfoliate and purify the skin but the gum drops in it basically just slipped and slided all over the skin. This did not impress me at all due to the lack of exfoliating action.

12. Steam Cream: I think this is the 3rd or 4th pot I've used up! It works well for combating the dry patches on my limbs but in humid weather like Singapore's climate, it can feel oily on the skin.

13. Philosophy Mimosa Shampoo, Shower Gel & Bubble Bath: I like trying out Philosophy's shower gels just for the interesting scents. This is supposed to have a champagne and citrus scent but it smells more like sweet orange candy to me. It lathers up well and doesn't dry out my skin.

14. Chanel Hydra Beauty Serum: This new serum by Chanel is too heavily fragranced for my liking. It absorbs quite well but after about an hour or two, my skin gets oily again.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

personally i love reading these post so much :P

i have just ordered my 1st steam cream. don't know how it will work for me~?

cheers!

jacqlibrawrites.blogspot.com

Jamilla Camel said...

Good work! I seem to motor my way through toiletries - but I'll never use up all my makeup, lol!

Lynn Lim said...

Burts' Bees body and hair products tend to smell a little funky to me. I used one shampoo that, i swear, smelt like plasticine!

There are some very cute disney Steamcream designs out back home! Time to stock up when you're back?

Lucy said...

I like how you work to clean out your sample stash. I've recently grown addicted to collecting samples (free ones XD which are only once in a blue moon in England! Unless it's a fresh facemask from Lush, but that doesn't keep), and when I have them, I just like keeping them in a makeup bag. Maybe incase a zombie invasion? I can't bring my self to use them.
I have healthy hair, sort of, but my ends are awful! Which colour tsubaki line would you recomend? I don't want to cut them off~ ;_;

Haru said...

hi Lucy,
I like both the red and white Tsubaki lines but I think the white one is a bit more moisturising. If you have very dry ends, I would recommend the using white Tsubaki line.

I always seem to accumulate samples faster than I can use them up! I haven't tried Lush face masks before as they don't keep for long.

Loi said...

Like your reviews on these products! Thanks for sharing!

www.laestetica.com.ph
www.squidoo.com/get-to-know-dr-almond-derla

amy said...

i'm a super loyal user of K-Palette Lasting 2Way Eyebrow pen too!!! it last all day on my oil skin, loves!