Sunday 2 October 2011

Tarte Amazonian Clay Long-wear Blush Tipsy

Recently, I've developed a soft spot for coral blushes as they look more flattering and natural on my skin tone than blue-based pinks or plum/berry tones. Coral also happens to be a key colour for cheeks for this fall season, so there are plenty of options available from the various makeup brands. My current favourite is Tarte's Amazonian Clay Long-wear Blush in Tipsy, which I purchased at Sephora in New York a few months ago. Aside from receiving glowing reviews across many beauty blogs, the Amazonian blushes recently won Allure's Best of Beauty Award 2011 for "best blush".

Tipsy has just the right amount of pink without any garish orange tones. It has a soft semi-matte finish with a very subtle glowiness. The baked blush contains Vitamins A, C and E, as well as natural clay harvested from the Amazon River, which supposedly helps to minimise oil production and enables the blush to last flawlessly for up to 12 hours. Like other Tarte products, it is free of parabens, sulfates, synthetic fragrances, phthalates and triclosan.

At US$25, it's almost as expensive as NARS blushes (US$27) but it contains a more generous amount of product at 5.6g/0.2oz versus 0.16 oz for NARS blushes. Even after using Tipsy almost daily for the past month, the embossed pattern is still very much intact.

Tipsy has good colour payoff without being too crazily pigmented and it does not accentuate my pores. Even if I accidentally apply too much, it's easy to blend out to a natural finish. On my oily skin which requires blotting every 2-3 hours, it lasts about 6-8 hours.



For this look, I also used DiorSkin Forever Compact, Fred Farrugia Pearlized Twinkle Eyeshadows #4 and #38 over Too Faced Shadow Insurance, Suqqu Mascara Volume Long N, Lancome Natural Light Creator Bare Skin Perfecting Corrector Pen #1, Stila Sparkle Waterproof Liquid Eye Liner in Royal, K-Palette Lasting 2Way Eyebrow 01, and Paul & Joe Lipstick CS #67.

After doing this purple/pink/green combo with the Fred Farrugia eyeshadows, it reminded me of Lunasol's Scent Form Eyes #3 Black Tea.

The Paul & Joe lipstick with the cat face is from last year's fall collection, Clair de Lune.

13 comments:

Rei said...

Me too, I feel I need a break from pink blushes as well :-) You look so lovely and fresh with this coral blush. I'm heading to the states very soon and Tarte blushes are on the top of my shopping list :-)

Jacqueline said...

Haru, this is a soft and pretty look! I like! Claire de lune looks so pretty on your lips. Coral blush are my favourite too. So what is your all time favourite coral blush? Mine has to be Chanel's Espiegel.

Jamilla Camel said...

I love the colour combos! I've always gravitated towards peach blushes - love coral!

Haru said...

hi Rei,
You should definitely try the Tarte blushes! I'm also tempted to pick up more shades but it's taking me so long to make the slightest of dents in Tipsy.

hi Jacqueline,
Thanks! Tipsy is my favourite for now. I also have some coral blushes by Canmake and Fred Farrugia but I keep reaching for Tipsy.

hi Jamilla,
Peach blushes that lean more beige/nude don't show up well on me if they don't have a pink undertone, so corals usually work better for me.

Beige Renegade said...

wow I've never heard of make up made with 'amazonian clay'! The packaging is really yummy looking...reminds me of chocolate xD

Rabokki 라볶이 said...

The lipstick looks good on you, it gives a young look compared to the usual red.

Anonymous said...

Hi, would you happen to have swatches of all the shades available? (I am trying my luck here as I realise you would have uploaded the swatches if so :))
Also, any idea if Sephora in SG carries this blush? I am really intrigued by long-wearing blush here in sunny SG. Thanks!
Sue

Haru said...

hi Sue,
I don't have swatches of all the shades but you can check out Karlasugar and Makeup & Beauty Blog. Tarte is not sold in Singapore but you can try ordering it through Amazon.com or maybe VPost/Comgateway/Borderlinx?

http://karlasugar.net/2011/03/tarte-amazonian-clay-blush/

http://www.makeupandbeautyblog.com/cosmetics/with-these-swatches-youre-entering-tarte-amazonian-clay-blush-country/

Light Love said...

oh wow! such a pretty look, i love this <3 you look so pretty :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks v much for the links Haru!
Sue

kuri said...

You look lovely! Love the blush; it looks so natural on you.

Anonymous said...

Hello Haru! I think this looks wonderful on you! So fresh and clean.

ASweetAffair said...

I've been hearing so much about these blushes. Needa get my hands on them.

http://x3asweetaffair.onsugar.com/