Sunday 3 October 2010

Dior Makeup Application Tips

Dior Pro-Team Makeup Artist Ivan Chiu (from Taiwan) demonstrated an interesting eyeshadow application technique at Takashimaya yesterday afternoon.

Using Extase Pinks palette, he took a big powder brush and swirled it over all five shades of the palette before applying it all over the model's upper eyelid. This immediately helped to add depth and dimension to the model's eyes.

Next, he used his finger to pat and blend on the light pink shade (centre of the palette) from the inner corners to the middle of the lid, and the purple shade at the outer corners.

He also used a brush to apply the light pink shade at the browbone area.

Using a small eyeshadow brush, he lined the lower lashline with the purple shade. He finished by applying Iconic mascara. Instead of the traditional zigzag motion for applying mascara, he recommended rolling the mascara wand from the roots to the lash tips.

5 comments:

galpal.hi said...

Thanks for sharing this! I have the Extase Pink palette and will give it a try. It sounds like a unique way of applying the eyeshadow--the first part where you swirl all the colors together and apply.

*Kat*

ashura said...

Yay another eyeshadow application technique! I love this!!

Liz said...

I would guess that using his fingers allowed a more pigmented application, kind of like using a sponge, but I wonder about getting skin oils on the eyeshadow. Still, I'm going to try this!

Carolyn said...

I like this idea. But I wonder how does he apply the eyeshadow with such a large brush? I would imagine the pigments would go all over the place.

Haru said...

hi Carolyn,
I think he swirls the brush over the eyeshadows very lightly so that they don't fly all over the place.