Wednesday 6 October 2010

MAC My Dark Magic Mineralize Eyeshadow

Just a quick post of the look that I did yesterday with MAC My Dark Magic Mineralize Eyeshadow from the Venomous Villains collection.

As several beauty blogs have mentioned, My Dark Magic has excellent colour payoff and applied quite smoothly (over a primer). There was a tiny bit of fallout just under my eyes during the application process but this was easily corrected and I did not experience any more fallout later in the day.

After prepping with Testimo Eye Bright Up Base, I used a sponge tip applicator to apply the blackened purple shade (right half) from the upper lashline to the crease and the violet shade in the outer half of the crease. Then I used a brush to blend the pinkish white shade from the Stila Road to Radiance Across The USA palette over the browbone area, and the light pink shade in the inner half of the crease. I love both the intense smoky shades in My Dark Magic, and am so thankful that Mag helped snag these for me last Friday. If you want to pick it up, then it's best to get to the MAC counters in Isetan/Robinsons/Ngee Ann City/Ion Sephora bright and early this Thursday 7 October as these are expected to sell very fast.

I also tried out a number of other products for the first time today: Cover Girl Lash Blast Fusion mascara, Cosme Decorte AQ Makeup Base 01 (Moist) and Cream Foundation Supreme 201. The other products used were: Jill Stuart Loose Powder 01 Natural, NARS Blush in Gilda, Majolica Majorca Perfect Automatic Eyeliner VI606, K-Palette Real Lasting Eyebrow 24h 01 and Paul & Joe Stick Concealer 02.

The Cover Girl Lash Blush Fusion is supposed to be a volumising and lengthening mascara. While it does add decent length and volume without clumping, it was not able to hold the curl of my lashes so it looks like I'll need to use this with a mascara primer that helps to hold the curl. I liked the combination of the Cosme Decorte AQ Makeup Base and Cream Foundation. The Makeup Base made my pores look smaller instantly (at least those smaller ones on my forehead and nose) and made my skin feel much smoother. The Cream Foundation was quite easy to apply and blend. The coverage is light to medium. A small pea size was all that was needed for one application. About three hours passed before my T-zone and cheeks required blotting.

On my lips, I am wearing Cosme Decorte AQ Rouge Supreme BE355, which is a lovely classic nude beige that doesn't wash me out.

Do also check out Mag's and Kas' posts on the Cosme Decorte AQ workshop!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your skin appears much more matte in this photo compared to previous FOTDs.

galpal.hi said...

I like how you did your EOTD using My Dark Magic. I am finding that I like My Dark Magic way better over She Who Dares. There seems to be much less fallout and shimmery glitter in My Dark Magic.

*Kat*

Ling said...

Hi may i know what's the "green tube" featured in your FOTD stash? thanks in advance dear

Ling said...

Haru, it's me again :<
oh, i always want to ask you this but keep slipping my mind. I really love your makeup as shown in the photo in Cosme decorte workshop with the tube dress :) may i know what's the base product you use when u attend this workshop, looks ravishing and fair lady? thanks!

Ling said...

oh dear! i re-read it again and found the answer to my question, silly me..it's the AQ makeup base haha which you used in FOTD. for once i thought it's some korean ginseng green base or skincare LOL

Clueless said...

Dear Rouge Deluxe
Thanks for sharing your Cosme workshop and tips with us and the base really looks great on you.

Hope you can assist me on clarifying the application tips i read from your blog earlier. you mentioned that makeup artist clarence lee said it's very important to apply base on downward motion to prevent pore clogging. however i also read other tips to apply base/foundation in a upward then downward motion ..and now i am confused. so is it just downward without upward? hope you can elaborate a bit more on this important tip thanks !

Haru said...

Hi,
According to Clarence, you should apply both base and foundation in a downward motion because of the small hairs on the face and also to prevent the clogging of pores. This is a tip that I've heard from other makeup artists too.

milktea said...

The Cosme Decorte lipstick is really nice on you.

Ling said...

Hi Haru
hope i get my message across correctly..i mean what's the makeup you use to attend the cosme decorte ? thanks :)

Haru said...

Hi Ling,
In the photo that I took wth Mag, Kas and Sophia, I was wearing Dior X4 powder foundation over Shiseido Refining Makeup Primer. We removed our makeup and tried on the CD products during the workshop so the photo with Debbie, I'm wearing Cosme Decorte Cream Foundation Supreme over the CD Makeup Base.