Saturday 30 October 2010

Guerlain Ombre Eclat Velours D'Or

Guerlain's Ombre Éclat 4 Couleurs palettes have seldom tempted me in the past as there are usually some shades in the quads that were lacklustre for me. However, when pics of the Ombre Éclat 4 Couleurs #410 Velours D'Or first appeared online, the smoky mysterious purple combination appealed to me immediately. I eventually picked it up at London Heathrow Airport dutyfree for £32.20 (about S$68.30). In Singapore, the quads retail for around S$82 at the department store counters and around S$75 at Changi Airport dutyfree.

After prepping with Urban Decay Primer Potion, I used the broad sponge tip applicator to apply the dark greyish purple (bottom left) shade from the inner corners to the middle of the lid and the dark plum shade (top right) shade from the middle of the lid to the outer corners. Next, I used a brush to apply the gold shade over the browbone area, inner corners and along the lower lashline. I blended a light taupe shade from the Guerlain Ecrin 6 Coulerurs 93 Rue de Passy palette in the crease to add more depth.

While the eyeshadows are well-pigmented with a smooth texture that blends easily, I was disappointed that the greyish purple shade turned out to be quite a flat greyish black on my lids, without the flash of purple that you see in the quad. Nevertheless, I liked the overall look which lasted quite well over more than 9 hours of wear with minimal fading or creasing. The gold shade is the only one with a shiny metallic finish while the rest are more matte. There was a bit of dropout on my under eye area when applying so I would recommend applying foundation only after you've finished your eye makeup.

For this look, I also used: Clinique Age Defense BB Cream and Superbalm Moisturizing Gloss #9 Currant, Shu Uemura Miracle Cherry Blush Tint, Shiseido Nourishing Mascara Base, Visee Wide Long (Curl Impact) Mascara BK002, Benefit It Stick, Jill Stuart Loose Powder 01 Natural, Heroine Make Smooth Liquid Liner and K-Palette Real Lasting Eyebrow 24h 01.

The Clinique BB Cream is a travel exclusive product that is scheduled to be launched in November. It has SPF30 PA+++ and is made in Belgium, just like the Estee Lauder CyberWhite EX Extra Intensive BB Cream. I'll review this in greater detail after trying it out a few more times.


The Clinique Superbalm Moisturizing Gloss #9 Currant (which I picked up in London as a freebie with UK Glamour) has become a fast favourite with its non-sticky texture and ultra hydrating formula. After using this, my lips have none of their usual dryness.

4 comments:

Jenni said...

lovely EOTD! love the gold in the guerlain palette :)!

BondGirl.pt said...

Love the close up photo of the eye. The eye make up is really pretty and suites you very well. It is nice to see you not wearing "blueish"(not sure if that is a word) eyeshadow for a change:).

Anonymous said...

Wow,this color looks good on you!

-Rin

Joolz said...

I haven't read your blog for very long, but I love this look on you best! It really gives your eyes definition, where as the light shades don't. I'm not a fan of greens either, so that may be partly why I like this for you much better. I hope you like it too!