Sunday 31 October 2010

Guerlain Ombre Eclat Velours D'Or Look #2

Here's the second look that I did with Guerlain Ombre Éclat 4 Couleurs #410 Velours D'Or today.

After prepping with Urban Decay Primer Potion, I applied the gold shade from the inner corners to the middle of the lid, along the lower lashline and as a very light wash over the browbone area. I applied the dark plum shade from the middle of the lid to the outer corners and blended the greyish purple shade above the outer half of the crease using a brush.

I finished by applying Visee Wide Long (Curl Impact) Mascara BK002 over Shiseido Nourishing Mascara Base and Heroine Make Smooth Liquid Liner along the upper lashline.

The other products I used were: Clinique Age Defense BB Cream topped with Jill Stuart Loose Powder 01 Natural and Guerlain Meteorites Perles D'Or, Shu Uemura Miracle Cherry Blush Tint, RMK Irresistible Lips B 28 Rose, Benefit It Stick and K-Palette Real Lasting Eyebrow 24h 01.


The Perles D'Or is a finishing powder that can be used on top of foundation or loose powder for added polish. It didn't have as much of an illuminating effect though as some of my other Meteorites. You don't have to worry about looking like a frosty glitter ball with the Perles D'Or as the overall effect is quite subtle. It has the usual violet scent of Meteorites which can be quite strong when sniffed in the pot but once applied, I could not detect it.

7 comments:

Su said...

Sorry, this is an unrelated comment. I was reading one of your older posts on the Perricone MD Rx2set you purchased in Tangs earlier this year.

Can you do a review on the set? Thanks. :)

Haru said...

hi Su,
I haven't used it yet so I won't be able to review it for awhile.

Anonymous said...

Hi Haru

What brush do you use to apply the Guerlain Meteorites Perles D'Or? I'm thinking of getting it and have been told I should use a big fluffy brush which I don't ownc. TIA.

Sue

Haru said...

Hi Sue,
I use a small face powder/blush brush. The bristles are about 3cm/1.5inches long. You should invest in a powder brush as they help to give that polished effect. There are good quality brushes around that are quite affordable like Ecotools.

Hannah said...

Hi Iris

Is the Meteorites Perles D'Or the limited X'mas edition of the pearls?

Haru said...

Hi Hannah,
That's right, it's the limited edition Meteorites for this holiday collection.

Unknown said...

Hi Haru,

The lady who sold me the shadows at Saks Boston used the golden al over my eyelid and then put the shadows on it for smoky effect. It's pretty this way.