Friday 1 October 2010

Giorgio Armani Mediterranean Palette

I picked up the Giorgio Armani Mediterranean palette during my trip to New York back in June. At US$85, this was a hefty splurge but the eyeshadows have such a lovely silky texture and good colour payoff that I was hooked right after swatching them.

Aside from the four eyeshadows (total weight 2g), the palette also contains a bronzer (11g) in the top tier but I haven't used it yet. The palette is made in Japan.

After prepping with T'estimo Eye Brighte Up base, I applied the pale mint shade in the crease up to the browbone area and along the lower lashline; the blue shade from the middle of the lid to the outer corners and along the outer half of the lower lashline; the light olive shade from the inner corners to the middle of the lid; and the brown shade along the upper lashline.

Then I applied the Shiseido Nourishing Mascara Base followed by Majolica Majorca Lash Enamel Glamour Volume On and Heroine Make Smooth Liquid Liner along the upper lashline.

The Armani eyeshadows were a breeze to apply and blend. They also contrasted nicely against one another. (I don't like palettes where the shades become indistinguishable after application.)

The other products I used were: Dior X4 Control Compact Foundation 012, Shiseido Refining Makeup Primer, K-Palette Real Lasting Eyebrow 01, Jill Stuart Loose Powder #1 Natural, Anna Sui Spot Concealer 01, Tarina Tarantino Dollskin Cheek in Parasol and RMK Irresistible Lips B 28 Rose.


The Irresistible Lips B 28 Rose (S$45) is a limited edition shade from the Autumn Brown collection. It applies with a very smooth creamy finish and does not dry out my lips.

5 comments:

. : * justine * : . said...

I love you in greens - this palette is gorgeous! I'm always so tempted by Armani shadows, but I never let myself swatch them haha... for now I am content with their lipsticks (though I REALLY want to try their Eyes to Kill mascara).

Elaine said...

Hi Haru
have you tried any post acne/blemish marks cream? i have some post acne marks that doesn't resolve and need some cream to solve the pigmentation problem. hope you can help me on this, thanks

galpal.hi said...

Nice look! It's great that it looks so wonderful on you since you paid a nice price for the palette.

Haru, do you curl your eyelashes before using the Nourishing Mascara Base? If so, do your eyelashes stay curled? I use Shiseido's The Makeup Mascara base and really like it since it doesn't uncurl my lashes at all. I like the name of the one that you use as I'm assuming that it's nourishing for your lashes, which is a good thing.

Thanks,

*Kat*

Haru said...

Hi Kat,

Yes, I do curl my lashes before applying the mascara base and I've found that the Shiseido base really makes a difference in helping my lashes to stay curled after applyig mascara.

Hi Elaine,
I haven't tried any cream that has been effective in fading acne scars. Perhaps you can consider seeing a dermatologist who can give you better advice?

galpal.hi said...

Thanks for the reply back and for the info. I will have to try the nourishing mascara base when I run out of what I have, which will probably take a very long time.

*Kat*