Wednesday 27 October 2010

Shu Uemura Abracadabra Fantasy is here!

To my surprise, I found the Shu Uemura Abracadabra Fantasy collection already on display at the Robinsons in Centrepoint earlier today! The collection has been exclusively launched at Robinsons since 20 October. The rest of the counters in Singapore will release it on 1 November.

The whimsical packaging featuring illustrations by Aya Takano has been quite a success, judging by the number of products that were already sold out, including the Miracle Cherry Blush (S$35) and two of the three eye pencils. There was only one Peach & Harmony Mini Brush Set (S$125) left. I considered getting the brush set but the brushes and case just didn't feel that impressive to me. The Magical Windfalls Partial False Eye Lashes are S$40+ while the Dream Coaster Premium False Eyelashes are S$90.

I haven't purchased anything from Shu Uemura at all this year (since last year's Tsumori Chisato holiday collection) but this collection was just too attractive to pass up. Here's what I came home with.

Even the boxes are just so pretty! The palettes are extremely pricey at S$125 each, but the shades turned out to be quite well pigmented and looked very easy to wear.

The Reindeer Kiss Palette.


The Bowwow! Magic Queen Palette.

For a $150 purchase, the gift is this Abracadabra Memo Book plus a White Recovery EX+ Whitening Lotion 50ml, Cleansing Oil Beauty Premium A/I 50ml and Whitening Powder Foundation #564 SPF26 PA+++ (2g). Robinsons cardmembers will also receive an White Recovering EX+ Gentle Brightening Massaging Gel 5ml.

The inner pages are all of this design.

The inside of the front and back covers.

It even comes with a matching pencil!

With S$180 purchase, the gift is an Abracadabra Pouch made of satiny polyester, plus the same set of skincare and foundation samples.


The pouch is well-designed with mesh and zip pockets on both sides, plus some padding to help cushion the products.

The only minor flaw is that the external zips are a bit stiff.

There's nothing like colourful new makeup to brighten up one's day!

21 comments:

chibi said...

The Bowwow Magic Queen palette looks great. And the gift with purchase are really nice.
I was going to get the travel palette. It was offered a couple of months ago. But I was too late and then they stopped selling Shu in the US. The palette is sold out online too.

Haru said...

hi Chibi,
I was quite surprised by how cute the GWPs were too as I haven't seen them being offered elsewhere. It's a pity that you couldn't get the palette. I thought you can still order Shu online in the US, as they only closed the physical counters.

miss_waterlily said...

I am not sure if the gwp will be offered in the UK, since it was not last year with the Tsumori Chisato collection. I think another CP from Hong Kong is what I need :-D

galpal.hi said...

The two palettes are really beautiful! I wouldn't be able to decide between the both of them if I had to. Both of the GWPs are really great too.

*Kat*

cewek said...

I look forward in seeing your FOTDs using those palettes!

Anonymous said...

Oh my god. They sure looks nice. Is the pouch worth it? >.<

Haru said...

Hi,
The pouch is worth it for me because of the print and the design, but it is a bit small and the polyester fabric is not the most sturdy.

Ling said...

Oh no, so cute Haru!! the queen palette though expensive comes with blush so that makes up for and plus shu uemura is also reowned for their blush. :) speaking of blush, sorry to blurt out a non related question, do you know how much is MAC Mineralize blush sold in singapore retail store? i shipped a Pet Me blush from oversea and it costs $21 USD online and shipping is whopping $6 SIN..and i thought that is expensive as compared to buying from singapore isn't it? Thanks Haru!! :)

Haru said...

The last time I bought a MAC Mineralize blush, I think it was S$44. You can call the counters to check the current price.

Ling said...

Thanks sister, will do :)

Elaine said...

Totally agree, there is nothing than having bright makeup to cheer up :)

I don't have good experience with the SA in Robinson; the girl seems not wanting to serve me and i am really interested in their product.

Is the robinson centrepoint Shu SA nice, Haru? can introduce a SA for me? don't wish to go heart broken again, hope you understand. Thank thank you so much, Haru

Haru said...

I was served by Candy at the Centrepoint counter and she was quite nice. She has short hair and wore coloured lenses. Don't let bad service by one SA deter you. Ultimately if I am interested in a product, I will still buy it. I don't need much help from the SA as I usually go to the counter knowing what I want to buy. The Shu staff at the Wisma Atria Isetan was also quite friendly.

Hing said...

This collection is a must have of this year! ;)

Wanna ask you something :) Do you think what's the best beauty and cosmetics Japanese magazine? I have juz bought nov 2010 issue of bea's up magazine and I really wanna check out other beauty magazines!

Thx! ;)

Anonymous said...

OMG! they are so cute!! >.< but so expensive! =/ now I really want one. haha

Anonymous said...

Hi dear, how much is the limited edition cleansing oil?

Haru said...

hi,
The Cleansing Oil is S$62.

hi Hing,
My favourite Japanese beauty magazines are Voce and Biteki, followed by Maquia. You can ask to browse the magazines at the Japanese books counter at Kinokuniya Ngee Ann City, before deciding whether to buy them. I don't buy them every month. I usually only buy when they have nice freebies or seasonal makeup collections catalogs.

Anonymous said...

I am still pondering which brand of holiday makeup to get. Thanks for the review. At least I have one more choice.

tiffany said...

Haru dear, if not for the fanciful and hard to resist girlie packaging, will you still buy these items in simple package? this will help me to know if these quality are really good and to go for :) thanks! any advice is greatly appreciated

Haru said...

hi Tiffany,
If not for the packaging, I probably would not buy the palettes because I already have so much makeup that I can probably find similar shades in my existing collection. The packaging is what makes the palette so special and unique, although I must say that the makeup inside is also of good quality and you do get quite a lot of product inside the palette. But if not for the packaging, I definitely would not pay S$125 for the palette. I use Shu's cleansing oil regularly but I always prefer to purchase it when it comes in special limited edition packaging with cute illustrations.

ashura said...

I got the brush set! Actually of the whole collection I felt that the brush set is the most functional for me, so I got it... the rest of the makeup I wouldn't have picked them up if they were the normal packaging, so i resisted...

Hannah said...

I bought what I think it's the most functional item in the collection (ie cleansing oil) just to get the pouch. It's so soft, satiny and cushiony and the bright prints really make my day. It is also roomy enough for me and makes it very easy for me to find my mu items. Love it!