Saturday 23 October 2010

London Trip Photos Part 2

On my London trip, I spent most of my free time at the Regent Street and Oxford Street where most of the major stores can be found. One of my first stops was naturally the massive Topshop flagship store at Oxford Circus. I was surprised to find that it actually opens from 9am to 9pm on most days.

The Heavy Duty fall makeup collection was on display so I did quite a bit of damage there :-)


One of my favourite UK fashion brands, Oasis, which is sadly still not available in Singapore.

Liberty was also high on my agenda thanks to my recent fascination with Liberty prints. I didn't explore it beyond the beauty section on the ground floor previously. This time, I spent the most time on the third floor exploring the Liberty prints.


I didn't get any photos of the interior of the store so below is a pic from the Liberty mook. Liberty is a very charming and entirely unique shopping experience unto itself so I highly recommend checking it out if you visit London.

There's a colourful flower shop at one of the entrances!





I also stumbled upon Carnaby Street where there were a number of makeup stores including Benefit and the Make Up Store.




Several brands like Benefit, Estee Lauder, Guerlain and Laura Mercier already had their holiday collections on sale in London.

The Pixi store.



Over at the Lush store on Regent Street, the window was done up for the Mexican Day of the Dead.


And finally, I was quite excited to find the Superdrug on Oxford Street near Marble Arch as I was on the hunt for Sleek after reading tons of rave reviews about their eyeshadow palettes. There is another Superdrug in Bond Street Station which also stocks Sleek.

Next up, my shopping haulage!

8 comments:

Joopah said...

Thanks for posting the photos. The last time I was in London, I spent most of my free time at restaurants. I will check out the stores the nest time. Looking forward to your post on your hauls.

AhCapp said...

The logo for Superdrug has changed! =) I don't remember it being pink and so 'modern'.

I always feel Superdrug is the 'poorer' sister of Boots. Because everything in Boots is so nice and 'high end'; while that from Superdrug isn't so. But I love venturing into Superdrug for their 3 for the price of 2 bargains! hahahah =D

Haru said...

Hey AhCapp,
The interior of Superdrug wasn't that fancy, still quite typical drugstore style. I would say our Watsons are much nicer, brighter and neater.

hi Zulfa,
Hope you have fun on your next trip to London!

Sabrina said...

Aaahhh! Awesome photos! I was in london 9.5 years ago and this brings back good memories. I keep wanting to go back. Can't wait to read more about your trip!

Anonymous said...

Such gorgeous buildings and delectable shopping- makes me want to book a ticket now (via Singapore, of course)!
I have a thing for London pharmacies- so much good stuff inside!

makeupmag said...

This was a wonderful post to read. Thank you for sharing your interesting travel photos!

Furry Guy! said...

But I always buy Lush from India for you!!!

Jess said...

Thanks for sharing! Looking at your pictures make me wanna go back to London again so badly!

I have been to exactly the same places too! Yay for Topshop and Liberty! Love the Carnaby street!