Sunday 26 February 2012

Sleek Blush By 3: Swatches

Thanks to my dear husband, I managed to get four of the five new Sleek Blush By 3 palettes recently released in Superdrug in the UK. The missing piece is Lace, which proved to be maddeningly elusive.

Made in Taiwan, each palette contains 20g of product, compared to 8g for the regular blush singles. For £9.99, you get three powder blushes in shimmer and matte finishes.

Sleek is famous for their extremely intensely pigmented powder blushes and diverse shade selection that work well on a wide range of skin tones. True to form, most of the shades in the Blush By 3 palettes are so intense that just lightly touching a brush to the surface picks up more than enough blush powder. One palette will probably last you a lifetime as the amount of product needed for one application is so miniscule.

These palettes are great for experimenting with different blush hues and building up your makeup wardrobe without having to spend a bomb. Investing in two of these palettes is still cheaper than buying a NARS blush(£21). While some of the shades may look too dusky or red/orange-toned, after swatching the four palettes, I think most of the shades are actually quite wearable.

The shades have individual names, which are printed on the sticker on the back of the palettes.

The Blush By 3 case is about three-quarters of the size of the i-Divine eyeshadow palette. It is also much easier to open than the blush singles which have a much smaller opening between the clasp and the bottom part of the case.

Pumpkin

Swatches done on bare skin without any primer. These were just 1-2 layers each.

Below is a look that I did wearing Squash.

Pink Sprint


Flame


Sugar


When compared with my other Sleek blushes, I found two dupes: P Pie in the Pumpkin palette is very similar to Aruba from last year's Caribbean collection while Pink Ice in the Pink Sprint palette is a ringer for Santorini blush from last year's Mediterranean collection.



More comparison swatches.



The Blush By 3 palettes are not available on the Sleek website, so if you are not in the UK, the only way to get these is to ask friends in the UK to help you purchase. I think Sleek has done a great job in designing these and hopefully, they will make these permanent and release new or limited editions like with their i-Divine palettes.

10 comments:

Leticia - Cosmetics Aficionado said...

These are quite pretty, and surprisingly I really like the orange blushes!

The Driveller Kate said...

Dear Haru, a friend recently tracked down a Lace trio for me, and that contains Pan Tao and Rose Gold dupes. I hope this comforts you a little ;)

Haru said...

Hi Kate,
I read about that on MakeupAlley too, and that did lessen the attraction for me. Thanks!

Kas said...

these look really good and I like how there is a mix of shades within each blush set. What a pity these are not available online :(

Lisa said...

Super jealous! I want four out of the five palettes :( Too bad I'm not in the UK. I have to wait patiently in hopes of it going on the Sleek website! lol. Thanks for the swatches!

Haru said...

Hi Lisa,
I read on another blog that Sleek has said that these palettes will be available on their website later in the year, so hopefully they will show up there soon!

Hey Kas,
They should be availabe on the Sleek website later in the year, so do wait for that!

Anonymous said...

Hi,

It looks nice on you but I find the blushes are too pigmented. I love your lippies though. Would you be able to share with me your lipstick brand and colour? Thank you

Haru said...

hi,
The lipgloss is Dior Addict Ultra-Flash Gloss #732 Orange Boléro, which I've reviewed previously: <a href=">http://rougedeluxe.blogspot.com/2011/09/dior-addict-ultra-flash-gloss-732.html</a>

For applying Sleek blushes, I like using a skunk brush like MAC #187 or a fan brush for more control over the intensity of the shade.

SAHAR said...

wao great blushes thanx for awesome swatches

m new follower i would love if you follow back

CHIC Adriana said...

Hi, your review help me too much! Thank you :))