Saturday 24 September 2011

Chanel Rouge Allure Velvet Swatches

This fall, Chanel introduces Rouge Allure Velvet, described as "luminous matte lip colours" formulated with ultra-thin mother-of-pearl pigments. The 8 shades provide a sumptuous matte finish.


While swatching these, I was impressed by the velvety and smooth texture. There is none of the dryness that one normally associates with the matte lipsticks of yore. Most of the shades have good colour payoff and provide a near-opaque creamy finish with two swipes. #33 La Distinguée and #41 L'Exquise seem to be the sheerest of the lot. #32 La Ravissante is not as orange as it looks in these pics. I'm not sure of the price for Singapore but they are £23.50 in the UK and 30.90€ in France (slightly more expensive than the other Chanel lipsticks).

I think Rouge Allure Velvet will be popular with ladies who want elegant lip shades that wear comfortably for the day or office, without any distracting sparkles or shine.

#37 L'Exubérante reminded me of Guerlain's Rouge Automatique #165 Champs Élysées, so I did a quick comparison swatch. Champs-Elysee feels creamier with a slightly richer payoff.

7 comments:

Minoueel said...

Looks very luxurious. Can't wait to try it out.

Jamilla Camel said...

31 and 41 look very interesting! Thank you for the swatches!

Anonymous said...

I love, love, love matt lipstick. Hope Chanel will come up with more colors in the near future.

Jessying said...

Thanks for the swatch, I like No 34!

Anne Michelle said...

Love love Chanel. I hate matte lipsticks that have drying effect. Rouge Allure Velvet is the perfect matte :-)

La Fascinante:

http://mitchymumay.blogspot.com/2011/10/product-haul-chanel-la-fascinante.html

La Furtive:

http://mitchymumay.blogspot.com/2011/10/product-haul-chanel-la-furtive.html

Anonymous said...

wow! love it!

I would like to try it! :)

http://ladywriterr.blogspot.com

Mimi Eatly said...

I love the look of L'Exubérante! x