Sunday 4 September 2011

Zara Clothes Haul

H&M just opened its first store in Singapore yesterday, to the immense delight of many who will no longer have to traipse to Hong Kong just for their H&M fix. It's great to see the retail scene in Singapore moving closer to other fashion metropolises although personally, I've never had any success shopping in H&M. My work wardrobe is dominated by Warehouse, Zara and Cue (from Australia), while my weekend wardrobe is a melange of Topshop, Uniqlo and Mango.

I picked up these pieces from Zara recently. The dreamy dusky rose skirt is a fantasy piece that I stumbled upon. I didn't have the faintest clue what I would wear it to but I think it would go quite nicely with a plain black or grey top and a belt.


The metallic gold threads of the under layer twinkle ever so prettily through the rose gauze.


I also picked up a top with a similar pale gold metallic finish. The cotton and polyester mix felt soft and non-scratchy against the skin. As it was semi-translucent, I got an off-white camisole to wear under it.


The last piece is just a simple pair of shorts, perfect for Singapore's hot weather. I liked the comfortable fit but the pockets on both the front and back are complete dummies without any actual pockets that you can slide your hands into!

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

As they say in the street shoot scene, the pink sjirt is very 仙。

Jamilla Camel said...

Beautiful clothes! Great haul!

Beige Renegade said...

omg I love what you bought! Especially the skirt : O

Elaine said...

Woo... I liked the fairy skirt! :)

I had managed to drop by H&M and it is not crazily packed inside the store as it is huge (3 levels) and the selection & prices are good. :)

Magdalena said...

The clothes are very lovely! I haven`t been to ZARA for a while, I think I`ll go after I get my paycheck. :)

Anonymous said...

nice haul! :D Esp love the skirt, can imagine twirling around in them for ages.. I would love to see more of your clothing hauls in the future :)

Christine

Anonymous said...

is the skirt an elastic waist one? how much was it? Thanks

Ponde

watercoloursky said...

I'm the opposite - I usually find something in H&M but nothing in Zara :) I like your purchases though, especially the shorts and skirt.

Anonymous said...

how much are the shorts thx

Haru said...

Hi Ponde,
Yes, the skirt has a black elastic waist. I purchased all these clothes at a Zara in Europe. The skirt was 40€ and the shorts were 23€.

Anonymous said...

hi
do u know of any loose powder that doesnt contain parabens

Haru said...

hi,
For paraben-free loose powder, you can try the Body Shop's new Extra Virgin Mineral Loose Powder Foundation or Bare Escentuals/BareMinerals (available at Sephora in Singapore). The ingredients list for the Body Shop loose powder is in this earlier post:
http://rougedeluxe.blogspot.com/2011/08/body-shop-extra-virgin-minerals.html

There are also other options like Make Up For Ever HD Microfinish Powder which is 100% silica, and Tarte Smooth Operator Micronized Clay Finishing Powder

Jaime Tan said...

Hi,
I have been following your blog for quite some time and I just want to say, I love reading your blog, pls keep it going :) Like you, I also don't have much luck finding clothes I like in H&M but I can always find something I like from Zara. The pink skirt is v nice, elegant yet whimsical, the type I like.

Haru said...

hi Jaime,
Thank you, it always makes me very touched to hear from people that they enjoy reading the blog :-)

galpal.hi said...

I love that skirt! It's really pretty and it looks like it'll go really nicely with that top.

*Kat*