Monday 21 February 2011

Day out at Windsor

Visited Windsor today with my brother and sister-in-law. The town is very pleasant to walk around and explore, even on a chilly day. Fortunately, it wasn't crowded with tourists, perhaps because it's still winter.




Notice the gargoyles?


The famous Long Walk, started by King Charles II back in the 17th century. Love the misty view, which looks right out of an Austen movie.


View of the castle from the Long Walk.


The Diana, Princess of Wales, Memorial Tartan and the Diana Rose Tartan.

The Crooked House of Windsor, which houses a cafe.

T-shirts for Red Nose Day, the biennial charity fundraising effort by Comic Relief.

The quintessential English pub.


The Cath Kidston store in Windsor. I didn't buy anything this time!

After all the walking, we had lunch at Gourmet Burger Kitchen, which does fantastic burgers.


Washed these down with Oreo milkshakes and elderflower fizz.

My BBQ burger.

This is the last post on my UK trip as I'm heading back to my sunny Singapore. Hope you've enjoyed them!

7 comments:

shopaholic said...

this is fabulous, Iris! we could "tour" around town with you. thanks & have a great trip home!

Lynn said...

Thanks for sharing all these lovely UK posts with us. It's really nice to read about your trips down memory lane, especially back to your old school town! I shall aspire to travel around UK one day :)

Winnie said...

Thank you so much for posting your UK trip pictures!

Anonymous said...

is it dangerous to go to a pub? will there be rowdy drunk men?

Haru said...

It's not dangerous to go to a pub, most of them are perfectly fine. Of course you should always see the situation and judge for yourself.

Rachel said...

Thanks for the great pics. I've now put this on the list of places to go to when I next go to London in the coming summer! I can't wait :)

Vanessa said...

Thanks for sharing! Love reading the UK post and and all the lovely pictures! I hope I could go back to London and Paris really soon...I miss them!