Wednesday 9 March 2011

New CID Cosmetics

While browsing in the House of Fraser in London, I came across New CID Cosmetics, which is by a popular London makeover studio. "CID" stands for "New Cosmetics Identity". I was impressed by the textures of the products so I purchased the i-shadow quad in Laguna (£21.50) and i-perfect Color Adjust Foundation in Nougat (£28.50; 17.5ml/0.6fl oz).


The incredibly rich dark chocolate shade (bottom left) and silvery metallic taupe shades in Laguna made an irresistible combination. Not only were they very well pigmented, they were also velvety smooth. Each shade is 1.9g/0.067oz, which is a generous amount of product. Given the high price tag, I was surprised to see that the quad was made in China, whereas the foundation is made in Italy.


The ingredients list.

For this look, I used Beaute de Kose Eye Fantasist PK857 Sugar Glazed Pink as the base and then used the sponge applicator to apply the shimmery rich chocolate shade from the upper lashline to the crease and along the outer half of the lower lashline. I applied the silvery taupe shade in the crease and along the inner half of the lower lashline. Next, I used a brush to apply the pink shade as a wash over the browbone area. I used the flat brush to line the upper lashline with the dark brown shade.

I finished by applying Dolly Wink Liquid Eyeliner along the upper lashline and Esprique Precious Ruffle Flare Mascara.

Here's the overall look with Paul & Joe Lipstick C #71 Afternoon Delight (from the Parasol collection) and Face Color #7.


The i-Perfect Color Adjust Foundation is an oil-free liquid foundation with a matte finish. It is dispensed through a brush, by pressing the pump at the end. The pump gave me quite a bit of grief at first as it could not be pressed down. After a lot of knocking and twisting, it suddenly started to work. Still, it took a few minutes of pressing the pump until my thumb was sore before the foundation finally started to come through the brush.

The finish is indeed quite matte but still looked natural. I liked how it evened out my skintone and helped to cover up my pores. The oil control was average. Nougat is the lightest shade and was an okay match for me. New CID's official website can be viewed here. They also have a Youtube channel.

Below is the ingredients list.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow .. the e/s blends like a dream in your last pic
you look practically glowing!

Anonymous said...

How did you like the Esprique Precious Ruffle Flare Mascara? Did it keep curl w/out any kind of base? Would love to know. Thank you.



Pam

Haru said...

hi Pam,
The Esprique Precious Ruffle Flare mascara does help to hold the curl of my lashes, but you do have to curl your lashes first with an eyelash curler before applying the mascara. I also like how it lengthens my lower lashes and makes them more prominent. The inky black formula is also nice.

Anonymous said...

Hi Haru,

Thanks for your quick response! I have to curl my lashes - I have the thin, short and sparse Asian lashes that point straight down so the curler is a must. I live in the US, and no western mascara has ever held curl for me (after curling it). I’ve tried 2 Japanese ones - Shiseido Integrate volume and curl and the Fairy Drops volume burst, and the Integrate one is AMAZING for curl. The Fairy Drops was a fail, to my enormous disappointment. I am excited to try the Esprique Ruffle Flare. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Love your blog.

Pam