Monday 7 March 2011

Physicians Formula Shimmer Strips Green Eye Candy

Physicians Formula is one of my favourite US drugstore brands, thanks to its gorgeous line of Shimmer Strips. Each palette contains 9 eyeshadows, which allows for endless creative combinations.

There have been five collections to date, with the latest being the Eye Candy collection. Each collection features four palettes designed for green, hazel, brown and blue eyes.

Considering the amount of product (0.26oz, 7.5g) and the good quality of the eyeshadows, they are great value for money at just US$10.95. I usually like to pick up a couple of these on my US trips as gifts for friends in Singapore and they are always met with great delight by the receiving friend.


Green Eye Candy immediately appealed to me as I love purple eyeshadows. The lime green shade smack in the centre is an unusual choice but it should be fun to experiment with. While the clear lucite packaging is fuss-free and simple, I wish that they would make the case much slimmer for easier storage. It would also be nice to have the option of depotting these.

Here's a look that I did today by using the light purple (extreme left) over the browbone area, the dark purples (2nd and 3rd from right) from the upper lashline to the crease and the pink-toned purples in the crease and along the lower lashline.

The texture of these eyeshadows is simply excellent. They have good colour payoff and apply and blend smoothly without any fallout. They are not crazily pigmented like Sleek eyeshadows, and don't have the powdery, messy fallout of the darker Sleek eyeshadows so they are super easy to work with. The texture is more refined and elegant with a lovely shimmer that brightens up the lids. Used over a Beaute de Kose Eye Fantasist, the PF eyeshadows lasted over 12 hours of wear with hardly any creasing or fading.


The Shimmer Strips are hypo-allergenic, fragrance-free and paraben-free. They are also supposed to be suitable for sensitive eyes and contact lens wearers.

The Green Eye Candy makes a lovely complement to my Shimmer Strips Pop Green Eyes, which is dominated by green eyeshadows. Pop Green Eyes was made in Italy while Green Eye Candy is made in the US, but the quality is the same.

Physicians Formula is relatively easy to order online from websites like drugstore.com and Ulta.com.

9 comments:

Hing said...

I'd like to know what you are using on your lips! It looks gorgeous!! ;) Btw, thanks for the review!

Haru said...

hi Hing,
I'm wearing the Paul & Joe Lipstick C #69 from the Parasol collection, topped with Addiction Lipgloss #21 Crybaby. The P&J lipstick applies with hardly any colour, so I was quite disappointed in it.

Anonymous said...

I am so happy to read that you also love this product as I really love PH Shimmer Strips as well. Many people told me how disappointed they were with Shimmer Strips but I experienced differently. Glad I have found a gang. This is really a lovely set!

MM said...

green eyes candy.. ( the purple oen ) is beautiful... kinda weird that the time stamp for your first two comment is on March 8... because it's still March 7 where I am .

galpal.hi said...

I love purples too. I have yet to try a Physician's Formula eyeshadow although I did purchase their Happy Booster blush and really like it.

BTW, could you please contact me via email? I need to contact you privately.
galpal.hi@gmail.com

Thanks!

*Kat*

Hannah said...

That's a lovely look you have done with the PF palette!

Blovet Beauty said...

my blogger pal got my physician formula baked sands eyeshadow and i've been a fan ever since. I just wish they would bring in into our local watsons. Ur EOTD looks fab!

Anonymous said...

I agree with Hing. Your lips so pretty!!! It suits U and look better in soft makeup like this, very springy.

Anonymous said...

Dear Haru,
I am from SG too. Where can I buy physician formula bluh n colorful eye palette like urs? Oh, I forgot to ask u one thing. I have been searching Koji Dolly Wink black eyeliner at watsons for so long in SG. Most of the time out of stock at ion watsons ;-(.
Where can I buy that black eye liner in SG?