Sunday 2 January 2011

Sightings at ALT @ Heeren

Took a stroll around ALT at Heeren yesterday and to my surprise, the OPI Katy Perry collection was already on display. According to Icefrost's blog, the collection is also out at Robinsons Raffles City but several shades including Black Shatter are already out of stock. The nail polishes retail for S$23.50 each. Black Shatter is also out of stock at ALT but the other shades are available.

I applied a quick coat of Black Shatter over my MAC Bad Fairy nail polish and was impressed by how quickly the shatter effect showed up. It's better to layer on the liquid thickly so that the shatter bits are more chunky, like on the left half of my nail.

The number of beauty brands available at ALT is simply dazzling and feels too overwhelming to absorb. This line of mascaras and liquid eyeliner looked quite interesting, shall consider purchasing it after I've used up my current eyeliner.

Another Japanese skincare brand centred around hyaluronic acid.


A cooling makeup base.

Anti-knee aging scrub cream, anyone?

Geranium Massage Salt Body Soap

Some of the brands are currently on 20% discount.



ALT also carries an interesting array of Sanrio goods, stationery and clothes. On the ground floor, you can also find Pupa, Paul & Joe, Lotree, Make Up For Ever, I Nuovi, Ettusais etc. The Pupa counter has an interesting array of makeup kits including the Kokeshi dolls, Butterfly World palettes and Puposka collection.

11 comments:

vonzi said...

hey! i was wondering what brands the mascara and the hyaluronic skincare are? It would be super helpful to post the brand names. I sadly cannot read japanese ( i'm in the US).

thanks a bunch!
Yvonne
( email: yalameddine@gmail.com)

Haru said...

hi,
The mascara brand is Gorgeous Queen and the brand was created by popular Japanese model, Araki Sayaka.
http://www.imomoko.com/product_detail.php?ID=1689
The hyaluronic acid-based skincare line is Aqua Moist.
http://www.aquamoist.com.hk/.
http://www.juju.co.jp/

Michelle said...

Thanks for linking to my blog :)
After seeing your post, I need to visit ALT!

Ling said...

hey haru, can i check if the brands u mentioned like Paul & Joe, Make Up For Ever, Ettusais are put on the shelf for ala carte/self help or they are manned by sales staff? thanks!

Haru said...

hi,
Those brands have their individual counters that are manned by their own staff. These are on the ground floor whereas the cheaper, drugstore brands on the third floor are just arranged on the shelves and do not have dedicated staff.

Anonymous said...

Hi Haru,

Do you know where I can find a Japanese brand of perfume in Singapore? The name is Love Passport and I chanced upon it in Hong Kong... and bought only 1 bottle ... need to look for backup supply!

cheers!

Haru said...

Nope, I haven't heard of it before.

Makeup fan said...

I need to get my hands on Teenage Dream!!

MudpieVivi said...

Iris! My hubby is totally freaked out by the black shatter over red pic! LOL! Actually I feel my skin crawling looking at the shatter effect...but I must say it's OPI at its creative best! ;)

Happy New Year!

Haru said...

hi MudPieVivi,
Happy new year to you too! The shatter effect is very unusual and quite fun to play with :-)

makeupmag said...

Aqua Juju is apparently very good. My friend is using it now. I have a few items to try from the line but am hoping to use up what I have from Hada Labo first.