Sunday 22 August 2010

FOTD with Jill Stuart Glazed Garnet

For yesterday's look, I pulled out the Jill Stuart Brilliance Eyes #6 Glazed Garnet from my collection. The Brilliance Eyes and Seductive Eyes palettes have been discontinued following the introduction of the Jewel Crystal Eyes line in January this year. But several of the Brilliance Eyes palette remain favourites of mine for their lovely shade combinations.

Aside from trying out my new Jill Stuart Blush Blossom #1 Romantic Sweet Pea, I ended up using the usual combination of Dior X4 Control Compact Foundation, Cover FX Clear Prep Matte Foundation Primer, Urban Decay Primer Potion, Lancome Virtuose Precious Cells mascara, K-Palette Real Lasting Eyebrow 24h 01, Heroine Make Smooth Liquid Eyeliner, RMK Super Basic Liquid Concealer EX01 and Paul & Joe Lipstick C 058. Sorry if this combo is getting boring as I'm trying to finish up some of these staple products before I move on to others.

The Blush Blossom #1 Romantic Sweet Pea applies as a soft baby pink, and is not as pigmented as #4 Seductive Rose. #1 Romantic Sweet Pea is virtually idiot-proof as it looks very natural even with some layering. You don't have to worry about clown cheeks with this but personally, I still prefer #4 Seductive Rose.

I like Glazed Garnet for creating a simple smoky eye look with a lovely shimmer. The texture of the eyeshadows is such that there tends to be a bit of fallout when applying but this can be cleaned up easily.

I used the dusky pink shade (second from left) from the crease to the browbone area and along the lower lashline. Then I blended in the midnight burgundy shade along the upper lashline and at the outer corners of the lower lashline.

After that, I finish by curling my lashes, applying the eyeliner and mascara. The whole process takes less than five minutes tops.


6 comments:

Stephanie said...

lovely! so many awesome asian cosmetics you used.

Tash said...

Why don't we have Jill Stuart here in the UK :( If not only for the cute packaging alone...

I love that Lancome mascara. My friend (Jian from Pinkfishpie, not sure if you're familiar with her blog) got it for me for Christmas! I would never have bought something so expensive myself!

Anonymous said...

the pores on your skin are very large and obvious, did you have some sort of skin problem years ago?

Haru said...

The problem is called acne. You may have heard of it as it is quite common :)

ashura said...

Hi Haru,

You mean even Japan does not sell the Seductive Eyes range anymore?

Haru said...

The Seductive Eyes range is not listed on the Jill Stuart Beauty Japan website anymore.