Saturday 21 August 2010

Lush American Cream

Lush shampoos and conditioners have not done wonders for my hair but still I keep trying various products in hopes of finding one that works for me. American Cream conditioner is described as a 'double strength' conditioner. Inspired by the frothy, creamy milkshakes popular in the 1950s, it is scented with honey, vanilla, strawberries and oranges.

The vanilla scent predominates and I can't really detect any citrus notes. Similar to Veganese and Coolanlin, the conditioner has a milky consistency. But just like Veganese and Coolanlin, I found American Cream to be not moisturising enough for my color-treated hair, even if I use quite a bit of product. As a result, I ended up using this only once or twice a week. The rest of the time, I used an Essentials Damage Care conditioner which worked much better. In general, I've found that Japanese brands of hair conditioner are much more suitable for my hair.

At £3.80 for 100g, American Cream didn't break the bank but it isn't cheap either. I've used this about 5 or 6 times and the 100g bottle is already more than half finished.

Here's the ingredient list.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Er Iris, doesn't the bottle label say American "Cream" (not Dream?) Or are my eyes playing tricks?

Haru said...

Oops, haha sorry my mistake! Have corrected it :-)

Ninni said...

How funny! I had the showergel called The olive branch from Lush once and it was also made by the same guy!

Amazing Kitty said...

I have the same made by Kris :)
Love smell of American cream!