Thursday 12 August 2010

Laneige Mystic Veil Foundation

Being a foundation junkie, I couldn't resist picking up Laneige Mystic Veil Foundation (S$49, 25ml) at Robinsons Raffles City a couple of weeks ago. After test-driving it over the past week, I have to say that I love it!

It was the gorgeous fairytale artwork on the packaging by Danish artist, Wendy Plovmand, that first attracted me. I was also briefly tempted to get the eyeshadow quad but the eyeshadows were too sheer for my liking.

The foundation comes in only two shades #21 Natural Beige and #23 Sand Beige. #21 Natural Beige, which is the lighter shade, was perfect for my MAC NC25 skintone. A black plastic spatula is also included so you can avoid dipping your fingers into the pot.

Cream foundations usually don't work well on my oily skintype as they tend to be too emollient and cause me to look like a shiny greaseball within an hour. The Mystic Veil Foundation has a light whipped texture that applies and blends very easily, without any streakiness and cakiness. It virtually melds into my skin (first prepped with Kenzoki Clearwater Gel, a hydrating lotion) for a smooth, polished finish. A pea size amount is all I need for one application.

It provides good coverage of my pores and the redness in my skin. I do have to blot every couple of hours but that is normal for me, including with powder foundations. The foundation lasts very well over more than eight hours of wear. I also like that it has SPF33 and PA++. It's just a pity that this is limited edition!



18 comments:

Mia said...

Since it's a limited edition, how long is it gonna be available for ? I've been using shade #23 in other BB creams , do you think i should go for shade #23 with this foundation too ? Thanksssss

Unknown said...

:O their new product??? I'm using their skin veil liquid foundation which i find is a good one for coverage and oil control. =D

shall give a shot on this one too!!!
thanks for the review

Lind.a said...

Haru, the packaging looks really pretty!! Too bad it is limited edition, do you know until when it is going to be available??? Since I don't stay in Singapore, I wonder if it's available at Changi DFS or inflight sales.. *fingers crosses* >_<

Haru said...

Hi Mia,
There is no fixed date for when it will be available, it's basically while stocks last. When I was at Robinsons two weeks ago, the SA told me that the collection was selling quite well. I haven't tried any BB Creams in shade #23 so I can't saw if the Mystic Veil Foundation #23 is equivalent to the usual BB Creams #23.

hi Linda,
It may be available at Changi DFS but it's only while stocks last, so it's hard to say when it will be in stock until.

shopaholic said...

oh it's pretty, i appreciate the artwork on the packaging too. designs like this make my knees weak.

Geri said...

I love Laneige's LF. Now that you've reviewed that you love this cream foundation, you just made me so want to try this as well! >.< I've never tried cream foundation before. What's the difference between LF and cream foundation besides the texture?

Haru said...

hi Geri,
Cream foundation is usually thicker with a higher moisture content than liquid foundation.

Geri said...

Oic, I will go check out the counter. Thanks for your reply. And I really enjoy your reading your blog a lot!

ning xin said...

How do you apply this cream foundation or cream foundations in general?

I tried using fingers, but I couldn't really blend them well, and it makes me feel a little unhygienic.

K said...

wah looks so pretty. i wish they kept this packaging. looks nice~ hope i get my hands on some~~ xx

Haru said...

hi ning xin,
I use my fingertips to apply this foundation. As long as you wash your hands thoroughly before applying makeup, I don't see why it should be unhygienic. Alternatively, you can use a foundation brush or dampened sponge.

Anonymous said...

Although you are using the lighter shade, it still looks kind of dark in the tub. I sometimes fear oxidation as the day wears on, and many times the face gets darker. Any chance of showing us a pix of you with the foundation on ? I always find how you look with the products a good guide!!

Ling said...

Hi Haru
can you please do a FOTD with this Laneige LF ? :)

Anonymous said...

packaging looks pretty!!! may i know how much is it?

Haru said...

Hi,
The price is S$49 in Singapore.

Ok, will post a FOTD with this foundation soon :)

yy said...

Just wondering.. do you happen to have the ingredients listing?

Haru said...

hi,
Nope, the box and leaflet don't include the ingredients list in English.

yy said...

alright then, thanks! :)
nevertheless, your review sure has piqued my interest in getting/trying this out. :D